stag grips on GB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger45

Blackhawk
The guy says these are factory stag grips
pix984649208_zpsvkgsrz6m.jpg

I question it because the logo in one is turned (possibly could be done I guess) and the logos are not in the same place in both grips.
What say the brain trust here?

Almost looks like different medallions one skinny neck one fat neck in my non expert opinion the panel in the picture on the right looks good the one on the left questionable but I do like them it might be a nice deal for someone if it does not go to much higher

Gramps

Ruger45

Blackhawk
GRAMPS 51 said:
Almost looks like different medallions one skinny neck one fat neck in my non expert opinion the panel in the picture on the right looks good the one on the left questionable but I do like them it might be a nice deal for someone if it does not go to much higher

Gramps
Well somebody happily bid 651 for the gun. Not me how ever I have to much going on to be bidding on more guns. :wink: :wink:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The backs are shown and very revealing. The cut out at the top front corner for the grip frame projection into the main frame is different on the two sides. Obviously a mismatched set. Only the right grip above looks like a factory grip from the back.

Well... I am the one that ponied up on this pistol and just picked it up yesterday. I am not an expert by any means but it is my opinion that these are factory original grips but as Hondo44 notes they are probably not a matched set. One other thing which I did not notice while bidding is that the gate has been changed to the round type, not hard to fix if I can find one (hint, hint). Anyway, Hawkeye#28 has it figured just like me, and I am not the same as i was 60 years ago either.

I agree, "good for you" and as we have noted, seen, had and handled many over time that the early ones more or less "hand made"?? the notch at the top ,(Backside) is NOT the same, nor is the "exact" location of the medallions, as well as the fact they often "turned" (rotated) in position as the staking was NOT done that hard, as again, all too often, if staked too hard, the grips "broke".....then they would take and use different individual grip panels to "make up a pair" to be able to use, ship them..... and as for the "necks" of the bird, looks more like totally different camera angel and the fact that one of the birds appears to have been "touched up" ( painted?? filled in??) if only they could talk,,,nice catch, we like it........