Rediscovered...........................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I've got many Rugers, plus a plethora of other Single Actions, so its unavoidable that one sometimes gets put back and temporarily forgotten. Such was the case with this .45 Colt Blackhawk:

Except for the Super Blackhawk grip frame and rosewood grips, and steel cam cut ejector rod housing and crescent ejector rod head, and Gary Reeder rear sight, its completely stock.

But its been rediscovered lately, and now approaching the 10,000 round mileage mark.

Bob Wright

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Bob Wright that is just top drawer. What a work of art that is, and as you said, its completely stock. And yea I'm with Gunman, Those shells don't look long enough for .45 Colt!?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
JPGLSG said:
Bob Wright that is just top drawer. What a work of art that is, and as you said, its completely stock. And yea I'm with Gunman, Those shells don't look long enough for .45 Colt!?

You're mighty right about that! Those are my ".45 Xtra Short" rounds.

They are .45 Colt cases shortened to .45 ACP length and fired in the .45 ACP cylinder. These cases are worn out/split .45 Colt cases, though.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
TinkerDave said:
You own so many guns that you forgot that you owned THAT one? Man you need to share the wealth. Nice looking firearm. TD

O.K. "Forgotten" may not have been the correct word, as I certainly haven't forgotten. Maybe so "neglected" of "unused" were better choices of words.

Bob Wright

Joe S.

Hunter
10,000 rounds??? She's about worn out!! Whenever you put her out to pasture, I have plenty of room in my pasture. :)

Latest posts