My one and only classic, purchased here on this forum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Always wanted a classic didn't want to break the bank. Was able to purchase some absolutely beautiful Sambar grips from "Chance" and then a 1958 Flattop 44 Mag from Mike722. These guys were great and I'm mighty pleased. While its not a 10/10 it is fairly nice and I am a happy camper. Total cost under $1000.

Here are some pics:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I've dealt with Chance a bit,,, and I know Mike quite well. Your feelings about them is spot on.

Nice Classic package there.

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Very nice FlatTop, you done good.....

10/10 is over rated in my world...I'll never be more than an 8...ok fine 7.....just like all but a few of my Blackhawks.

veeman

Single-Sixer
Very nice, next on my to-get list. Never had a real need for a .44 Mag, the 45 could do anything I needed, but got to round out the OM calibers.

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Thank you all for your comments, it really is a pleasure to hold...AND shoot. I don't have any safe queens and not looking to make this one. I took it out to the range yesterday and had a blast. Literally! The 44 specials felt like I was shooting a .38. The 44 Mag on the other hand was a handful. Quite a kick, but fun nevertheless. Great accuracy with both rounds at 15-25 yards.

Thanks for looking :)

Hondo44

Hawkeye
flyerdoc said:
Always wanted a classic didn't want to break the bank. Was able to purchase some absolutely beautiful Sanbar grips from "Chance" and then a 1958 Flattop 44 Mag from Mike722. These guys were great and I'm mighty pleased. While its not a 10/10 it is fairly nice and I am a happy camper. Total cost under $1000.

That truly is a classic package. Especially with the Sambar Stags (with an M), they are also from the classic 1950s period.

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
flyerdoc said:
Always wanted a classic didn't want to break the bank. Was able to purchase some absolutely beautiful Sanbar grips from "Chance" and then a 1958 Flattop 44 Mag from Mike722. These guys were great and I'm mighty pleased. While its not a 10/10 it is fairly nice and I am a happy camper. Total cost under $1000.

That truly is a classic package. Especially with the Sambar Stags (with an M), they are also from the classic 1950s period.

Thanks for the spelling correction, LOL, it really bugs me when I do that!

2sheriffs

Single-Sixer
it might not be a 10, but to me I would call it at least a 9+. It's a beautiful gun and I wish it was mine.
Ron