Matching Buckeyes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I have matching serial numbered Buckeyes, 32 and 40. I had Bowen ream the 32 Mag cylinder to accept 327 Mag and have put Bowen rear sights on both. I note that currently listed are two Buckeyes, one for $800 and one for $950. Of course they are worth what somebody will pay for them. Have I affected the value by what I did?

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
You have destroyed the collector value.
However with work down by Bowen there is value added. As far as consecutive numbered guns, I doubt there is premium left in that since one is altered and as such, collectors are going to value it as altered. However there are likely folks who would pay more for a Bowen 327 and you're likely to get more for that one with the right buyer.
As to the comparison of the ones posted, I believe both of those to be unfired, mint and complete packages. Unless yours are similar I wouldn't expect them to command near the same price.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Thanks guys, yes they are shooters and no they are not for sale. But I do take good care of my shooters! I acquired both of them new with boxes, papers etc. so all that still intact if I ever do chose to part with them.

did you happen to keep the "original" sights?? and if the one cylinder was rechambered to 327 (which many folks have done) and the cylinder was NOT "remarked" as such, most would never know the difference, the Bowen sights ARE an "improvement" as well as opening it up to accept and be able to shoot 'other' calibers akin to the 32, you done good, as well as the guns being of the same (matching) numbers which Buckeye did offer back then, and you kept any and all the original packaging boxes, papers, and the shippers. you are still far , far ahead as these guns have MORE than doubled or more in price and value....just don't abuse them, ride them hard and put 'em away wet....enjoy them for what they were intended for 8) :roll: :wink: