Transfer Bar of a Sec6

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ulrik

Bearcat
Hello from Germany! Again, please I need your help and knowledge.
Is the transfer bar from a Security Six interchangeable with the transfer bar from a GP100? The GP100 is -after my knowledge- still in production, my Sec6 not.
I ask you, because a friend -a very active CAS-member- shoots the "older" Vaquero with the bigger frame (stainless, Cal .45Colt). But he must change the broken transfer bar, and I don't know how many shots he fired.
I like my Sec6, my nicest and most accurate gun, trigger tuned with a single action release of 1200 Grams. But also I think, the Ruger transfer bar is a constructive minus,
because with every shot the hammer "hammers the hammer"- the transfer bar.
And -if I citate it correct- the Murphy's Law says: If something CAN happen, it WILL happen. Thus my fear, it will in the future also be possible to my Ruger.
If the transfer bar is not interchangeable to my Ruger, I have in Germany no chance getting this part. And it would be very sad, in this worst case, only using my Sec6 as a wallhanger. Thanks you for your reply!

contender

Ruger Guru
I doubt that the transfer bar is the same in the Security-Six vs a GP-100. The GP was a redesigned gun, and as such, it's likely they are not the same.
HOWEVER, I CAN BE WRONG!!!!!! And maybe one of our DA experts can help here.

But, if your transfer bar breaks, there are parts available, and an inexpensive small part, that is not labeled as "firearm" by the import/export customs folks can be purchased. I just received a small take down lever for a gun from Canada. We checked & it was legal to ship across the borders as it was valued less than $100, and not a "firearm." Most likely, you could score a transfer bar if needed through a private sale from someone here in the USA.
BTW; Transfer bar breakage does happen occasionally,,, but it's not a common problem.

Thel

Blackhawk
Numrich has parts off of guns. Here is a stainless transfer bar (they also have blued):

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/225980.htm

There is a restriction on shipping to Germany:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/RestrictedCountries.htm

but appears that a dealer can order the part. I seem to hear more about transfer bar breakage on
single actions than double actions but imagine it can happen on any.

In looking at Numrich's website the part numbers for the GP100 transfer bar and Sec 6/Speed 6 are different so would guess that they are not interchangeable.

ulrik

Bearcat
Thel said:
Numrich has parts off of guns. Here is a stainless transfer bar (they also have blued):

---Thanks for your reply! And yes, I know the restriction (especially Gunpartscorp.) for sending to Germany. Nevertheless, your link of this special gun part is helpful.
I don't yet need the transfer bar, because my Sec6 works like a Swiss watch.
but it is relaxing for me, having this part as backup in the worst case.
A friend gave me the hint, buying this (or other parts) over BONVU.com (also in the USA) at Gunpartscorp. Gunparts will send the part to BONVU, and BONVU will send it to me to Germany- fully legal. Complete payment over BONVU. Now I can relax, hoping my Ruger will last and last and last for further 30 years.
---AND I wish to say thanks for ALL other reply!

Bearcat

Blackhawk
ulrik said:
Thel said:

---Thanks for your reply! And yes, I know the restriction (especially Gunpartscorp.) for sending to Germany. Nevertheless, your link of this special gun part is helpful.
I don't yet need the transfer bar, because my Sec6 works like a Swiss watch.
but it is relaxing for me, having this part as backup in the worst case.
A friend gave me the hint, buying this (or other parts) over BONVU.com (also in the USA) at Gunpartscorp. Gunparts will send the part to BONVU, and BONVU will send it to me to Germany- fully legal. Complete payment over BONVU. Now I can relax, hoping my Ruger will last and last and last for further 30 years.
---AND I wish to say thanks for ALL other reply!

Ulrick....If you ever need one, let me know. I can get it to my relatives in DK who can then send it on to you in DE.

---Doc

ulrik

Bearcat
Ulrick....If you ever need one, let me know. I can get it to my relatives in DK who can then send it on to you in DE.

---Doc[/quote]

----very distressing! Because I have ordered this part in Germany from the official Ruger importer. BUT for the sum of 45.00 €. THAT is indeed painfull. I wished to have read your reply earlier. Now my order can not cancelled- for I have it prepaid.
Nevertheless, I will say thanks for your help!

Latest posts