SP 101 22lr. grips & trigger question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bradepb

Bearcat
Thinking of getting a used but second generation 22lr. SP 101. Will the numerous grips I have for my .357 SP 101 fit the 22? Also I know the triggers are very heavy on these and need to be for ignition but is it really that bad? I would probably shoot mostly S/A anyway.
thanks

trapperon

Blackhawk
Your stash of SP grips will fit the new .22 just fine. as far as the spring, I personally would keep it stock just to have positive ignition--like you stated it is heavy for a reason. I think once you shoot it and get used to the feel it is not bad at all.

Ron

contender

Ruger Guru
I started to say; "Welcome to the Forum" but I see you joined a while ago but only have a few posts.

Now, I do not have a second gen SP-101 in 22,,, but I have an older one. I also have a few other SP-101's too. As for the grips,,, they should fit w/o any issues m what I've seen.
And, as for the triggers being heavy,,, I'm always of the mind I want it to function reliably. I leave in the factory springs most often. If I want a better trigger pull, I do an action job. And if it's still an issue,,, you can buy a set of Wolff springs & start with the lightest one, check reliability, and if not 100%, replace it with another spring until you get both a smooth action & reliability.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
The grips will fit. As far as trigger pull goes, they all are not exactly the same but mine is not bad. I installed a Wolff 8# trigger return spring and left the stock hammer spring. Not exactly slick but not bad!

protoolman

Service-Sixer
If you shoot mostly SA all you need is a clean hammer break so I would agree with the others and leave the main spring full power. Same with the trigger return spring. Lightening it will just make the trigger return mushy and slow if you do ever want to do any fast double action work.