Blackhawk on GB ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M1Lover

Bearcat
Nice revolver, advertised as 1966 model in original box. Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't a 1966 revolver be in a red box?? I wrote him and asked to see the end label because there's no image in the auction, he replied asking why I wanted to see it.... H.

chet15

Hawkeye
frankenfab said:
My 1968 single six has a red box

Your 1968 Single-Six should have a black box with red end and red eagle on the lid. That type of box was used right up into 1973, and in fact the leftovers were used on the first 20-30K of the first New Model Single-Sixes.
Chet15

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
frankenfab said:
My 1968 single six has a red box

Your 1968 Single-Six should have a black box with red end and red eagle on the lid. That type of box was used right up into 1973, and in fact the leftovers were used on the first 20-30K of the first New Model Single-Sixes.
Chet15

I spoke in error. What you describe is what I have, now that I went and looked at it. I was hung up on the fact that the eagle was red.

I hope I didn't cause any confusion. Thanks for correcting me.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
M1Lover said:
Nice revolver, advertised as 1966 model in original box. Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't a 1966 revolver be in a red box?? I wrote him and asked to see the end label because there's no image in the auction, he replied asking why I wanted to see it.... H.

Ask him if the box has the end label and if it's numbered to the gun? Legitimate questions. And if he balks, you may not want to deal with that guy.

M1Lover

Bearcat
street said:
That yellow and black box is the correct box for that gun.

I thought this color scheme didn't show up until the late 70's... This, of course, would not be the first time I was wrong...
Thanks for your input. H.

contender

Ruger Guru
One other minor fact. That box shown is a two piece type. The yellow & black hinged lid ones came out after the reddish/orange ones were used. As noted above, that'd be a correct box for that gun, if it has the correct label.

street

Hunter
M1Lover said:
street said:
That yellow and black box is the correct box for that gun.

I thought this color scheme didn't show up until the late 70's... This, of course, would not be the first time I was wrong...
Thanks for your input. H.
The box that you are talking about is a one piece box with a dull finish. The correct box is a two piece box with a shiny finish. They both have the same color.