ID'ing drop pouches for .357 magnum & .38 special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

happy

Buckeye
hi Guys , is there a difference in size or between drop pouches for .357 magnum & .38 special ??
please post, many thanks, happy

DGW1949

Hunter
I not any sort of expert on the matter, but I was in the police business back when drop pouches were in common use.....and don't recall a single one that was sized (or marketed) for ".38Spl only".

Hope this helped.

DGW

bogus bill

Hunter
Look`s kind of like a magazine pouch upside down so the ammo will fall in your hand. I still have one or two but no pictures, we used them in prehistoric times in the 1960`s. They quickly were forgotten when speed loaders come out, and now it`s "what`s speed loaders?" since LE went auto.

bogus bill

Hunter
I got looking in the garage and found two of them. Sometimes ammo could hang up in them if somehow the leather got pressed or whatever. They do "look" better on the belt than the wider speed loaders that stick out farther. Some had speed strips besides in them.

Vulcan Bob

Single-Sixer
Galco has or had a model I like. It holds the cartridges two at a time when you drop the flap down so you don't have to fumble with six loose ones. You just pull out two at a time. For a klutz like me it works.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Bob Wright said:
What, pray tell, are "drop pouches?"
$_57.JPG