GP100 in IDPA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dazzel's Owner

Bearcat
Shot my Talo GP100 in a local IDPA match today - fun day. Shot reasonably well, but reinforced my need to practice week hand. While not a great shooter, it is fun to outshoot bottom feeders with a wheelgun :D . Think the Ruger will be seeing more love this season

contender

Ruger Guru
I have been shooting USPSA with my S&W revolver lately. Just yesterday,,, my local match. Out of 38 shooters,,, I placed 28th overall, and I even had a couple of rough stages. I got a GP-100 MC several months ago. My plan was to have it as a back-up to my S&W competition gun. Well, it can certainly live up to the task,, but my reloads would suffer. (Moons vs. speedloaders.) I'm seriously considering getting another GP & having the cylinder milled to accept moons,,,,,,,,,,!

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I might have to try it. I have a GP100 converted to 10mm that should work well and the moon clips are faster than all get out to load. Since it shoots .40 S&W also it won't be too expensive to shoot

Dazzel's Owner

Bearcat
Classified today- not as well as I had hoped, but did ok. Was a long day, classified first w/ my G30 for CDP, ESP, SSP, CCP divisions, then changed gear and went with the wheel gun. Despite being a long day, was fun.