Thinking about an LCR 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
I change out my carry guns quite often. Yesterday it was my Alaskan while walking the dog along the woods edge. No big bears around here but great knowing I have some hot .45 Colt along with a short barrel. No need for .454 for that.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Looking at the Ruger website I do not see a LCRx in .357. Only the LCR. I am going to go look at one in .38 but the .357 would interest me.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I think that you are on the right track and an LCR won't seize up with extended shooting. That can happen with a steel or alloy snub gun.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Rumrunner said:
I think you will not be disappointed. I have the LCR in 38, because I bought it before the 357 was available. Even if I had the 357, I would probably still carry my 38+p loads in it.

I also have an LCRx in 38, an LCRx 3" in 38, plus an LCR in 22. Yes I like these little revolvers.

I have it in .38 Spl. +P ......Did not see the value in paying extra for the .357 as stout .38 Spl. +P loads are tough enough to control and will do the job needed if you do yours. Just my personal choice....YMMV. I do have friends who have the .357 version and carry it. But they never practice with hot .357 ammo. I think one's carry ammo and practice ammo should always be the same....

Mus408

Hunter
Bearcat said:
Rumrunner said:
I think you will not be disappointed. I have the LCR in 38, because I bought it before the 357 was available. Even if I had the 357, I would probably still carry my 38+p loads in it.

I also have an LCRx in 38, an LCRx 3" in 38, plus an LCR in 22. Yes I like these little revolvers.

I have it in .38 Spl. +P ......Did not see the value in paying extra for the .357 as stout .38 Spl. +P loads are tough enough to control and will do the job needed if you do yours. Just my personal choice....YMMV. I do have friends who have the .357 version and carry it. But they never practice with hot .357 ammo. I think one's carry ammo and practice ammo should always be the same....

When I take the little LCR out I will finish up the session with 10 rounds of .357 Mag on my target just to be sure I can keep them in the hit zone. All shooting with the LCR at 20 ft.

Mus408 said:
When I take the little LCR out I will finish up the session with 10 rounds of .357 Mag on my target just to be sure I can keep them in the hit zone. All shooting with the LCR at 20 ft.

I have the .38 LCR and shoot lots of .38 Special and like you, I always finish up with 10 or 15 rounds of the .38+P that I carry.