Contact to dealers of Ruger single action revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They are all in very good condition. Mostly very standard models. The two old models 30 Car, and 44 Super BH (with three screw frames) are the most desirable except the 30 carbine is defaced with foreign stamps on it. The value plummets due to that. They're all in the ~ $400 to $600 each range.

What material are the white grips w/o the Ruger bird made of? Those will depreciate the value unless the original walnut grips come with them.

If I were you, I'd contact a Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) chapter in Germany for the best way to sell them. They all use imported guns in Germany and may have interested members or members familiar with selling off guns out of country.

RSIno1

Hunter
Depending on your laws you may not need to use a licensed importer here. Licensee refers to one who holds a Federal Firearms License (dealer).

May a licensee who does not have an importer's license make an occasional importation?

Yes. A licensee may make an occasional importation of a firearm for a nonlicensee or for the licensee's personal use (not for resale). The licensee must first submit an ATF Form 6, Part I to ATF for approval. The licensee may then present the approved ATF Form 6 and completed ATF Form 6A to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

[27 CFR 478.113]

The whole book: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/atf-guidebook-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-and-implements-war/download

michael-hunter

Bearcat
Hi guys!

To say it with Metallica: "Sad but true"...

Until today I got no replay neither from an American nor a German gun dealer, which I contacted via e-mail ~1 week ago.

So it seems I´ll have to try to sell them in Germany.

Regarding current prices in German internet auctions, I can give you an example:

A Ruger SA revolver like one I have to offer (the cal. 22 Magnum / .22 short) didn´t / doesn´t sell for ~220$. That´s where we are...

I thank all of you for your help and your answers!!!

Best regards!

Michael

contender

Ruger Guru
Don't give up.
Instead of emails,,, get phone numbers & call them directly. While emails are normal for many,,, a phone call is more personal & direct. Plus, the dealer can ask questions etc.

While not knowing the laws there I was thinking of a 'round about way' of getting them to the US. If you know an American, that you can trust, transfer (sell) them to him/her and have them bring them to the States when they return and sell them here and send the $$ back to Germany.

Latest posts