Ruger Revolvers Most Accurate for You

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My most accurate Ruger revolver is my 4" GP100, using 180 grain cast bullets. With a red dot, 6 shots at 50 yards 1.5" or less.

My chopped Super Redhawk in 480 does from 1.5" to 2.5" at 50 yards when I don't screw up.

I just got back from prairie dogging and shot a small bunny rabbit in the head from 25 steps with my LCRx 3" 38. With wadcutters it is very accurate.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Every Ruger revolver I've had the pleasure of shooting (with one exception) has been more accurate than I could hold and certainly competitive with similar guns from other makes. The one exception was a 3" SP-101. It didn't produce bad groups but shot low with every round I tried and had about a 40 pound trigger pull. Compared to my Service Six you'd swear they were not made by the same company.

hawk_driver

Single-Sixer
Blackhawk 4 5/8 in 45 Colt is the most accurate in my hands. Tied for 2nd would have to be my 6 1/2 Blackhawk in 357 and a Bisley Flat top, 5 1/2 in 44 Spl.

Hellraiser

Single-Sixer
i went out again today... shot my .22LR rifles... and cut notches on leaves at 50 yds. Always been a rifleman. Been good at it.

But dam... shot my pistols today... several of 'em.. Rugers... a Colt or two... and man... it is just friggin' SAD... don't know what to say....

I sure do suck at shootin' handguns. It's embarassing.... good grief. I swear I am the world's-worst pistol shot. Dam.

Rclark

Hunter
Practice makes perfect :) .

I can't point to which of my Single Actions is more accurate.... I've worked up loads that are accurate in all that I shoot (Why own it if not accurate?). That said, my .44 Specials seemed to be much easier to find good loads for.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
They are all accurate, but I shoot my .41 magnum NM blackhawk the best (as compared to gp100 and RH .44 mag). Maybe because it has a 5.5" barrel instead of 4" for the other two.

RonSwanson

Bearcat
My most accurate Ruger is an Old Model Vaquero in .44 Magnum. I found it by getting on my knees and looking at the rear of the lowest shelf in a LGS. Probably wouldn't have given it a second look if the tag had not contained the magic words, Bob Munden action. Sure enough, the Munden certification form was in the box.

My 70 year old hands can't handle much .44 Magnum any more, so I shoot .44 specials in it, which according to what I read aren't supposed to be as accurate due to the long lump to the rifling. However, guns don't read, and it will shoot way beyond my capabilities. All the Munden job does is to greatly smooth up the action and the trigger, no other accuracy work that I know of, so this baby would undoubtedly shoot even before Munden got his hands on it.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I suspect it would be one of my .44 specials...with a good home cast Lyman 429215 gc and a moderate dose of Win 231, my 4-5/8" bbl'd Flat Top will do an honest inch at 25 yds over iron sights from a sitting back rested position. It's even better than my .22's. This target was shot when the gun was new, albeit with home made grips, and the sun behind me early one morning from 25+yards. I'll never do better and that's a fact...oh for the eyes I had 30 years ago. Best Regards, Rod

Hellraiser

Single-Sixer
Mr. Rodfac... I am truly envious of yore handgun-shootin' ability. Not sure what distance yore shootin'... but that rivals my 50 yd. .22LR... or my 200 yd. 30-06.

My hat is off to ya... good shootin'!!

REP1954

Blackhawk
One hit wonder for me. 25 yards, standing with a two hand hold. Ruger Single Six using the magnum cylinder. This gun is the finest firearm that I have ever seen come out of Ruger stock.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Nice target Rep...I had a '73 vintage 3-screw single six convertible that was stolen a cpl years back that would keep 5 of 6 shots in an inch and a quarter...good guns...miss that one a lot, it was my deer hunting companion out in Washington state when I was in the service.

Thanks for your kind words, fellow shooters...That's a two handed group, from 25+ yards, and I'd give a lot to call that one flyer back into the group. The gun was new to me, and I wasn't yet accustomed to the trigger, helping me get off a truly surprise 'break'. From sitting it'll keep most of a cylinder full on a 20# empty propane tank at just under 200 yds. I have four .44 Specials: both the 4-5/8" & 5-1/2" Ruger blued Flat Tops from Lipsey, as well as the 4-5/8" SS model. The 4th is a Smith M24 with a 6-1/2" bbl. that is uncomfortable to tote, but very accurate at long range. Rod

Hellraiser

Single-Sixer
Rodfac said:
Nice target Rep...I had a '73 vintage 3-screw single six convertible that was stolen a cpl years back that would keep 5 of 6 shots in an inch and a quarter...good guns...miss that one a lot, it was my deer hunting companion out in Washington state when I was in the service.

25 yards?... 75 ft? You must got some good eyes, my friend.

Tell ya somethin', Mister... I sure wished I was you... with a handgun.

A double salute to ya. I believe ya... I know some local guys like you... but that ain't nothin' close to bein'... me.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
At the age of 38, having been shooting and hunting for nearly 33 years now, I am just now getting to the point where I can produce about a 2" group offhand at 10 yards with most of my handguns. Wheelgun and bottom feeder, centerfire and rimfire. Back it up to 15 or 20 yards and the best I can expect is minute of bad guy.

LAH

Buckeye
Most accurate Ruger, the Super Single Six. The little gun has been re-barreled with a section of 10-22 barrel. But the 357 Bisley is a close second.

If you look close you can see a piece of the warning on the barrel.

Bkat

Blackhawk
My most accurate centerfire revolver is an old model .30 carbine Blackhawk, followed closely by a 4 5/8 new model .44 spcl flattop. Most accurate rimfire is the mag cylinder in a 5.5" super single six that belonged to my Dad.

geiger

Single-Sixer
My most accurate ruger pistol for me is a 22lr stainless steel MK II target with 5-1/2" barrel volquartsen trigger group and volquartsen target grip .( Deadly accurate with cci stinger ammo)