Ruger 44 spcl. Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

338reddog

Single-Sixer
I was looking at Ruger's web site, They still show the Bisley flat top 44 spcl. Am I missing something? I had asked my LGS to get one. I was told its not avail. I would like to order one and a 454 if its also avail.

Jeff

G2

Hunter
Sounds like it's time to find a new gun shop,,,,
-OR-
There is currently 7 auctions for the 44 special FT Blackhawk on Gunbroker, ,,,4.6, 5.5, even some bisleys.

I guess, buy it on GB and ship it into your "can't get one gun shop" :roll:

Sorry for the lack of compassion but if I were to have a customer come in and want a gun, good customer service would be; Take your money and get you the gun! :wink:

FWIW: 454's are easy to get now in the $750 range.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The flat top 44 spl was originally a Lipsey's exclusive (pre-paid order) in 4.625 and 5.5" blued carbon steel. Ruger made it a cataloged production gun about a year later, and included a stainless version.
It is currently in regular production rotation cycles. (No Ruger revolver is in continuous production).

Your LGS needs to try other distributors - they may be used to only one re-seller.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
G2 and mohavesam are right.

What some local stores don't tell you is that they only deal with a single distributor or two. The reasons are many, including:

Can't or haven't established credit with other distrs.
Can't afford some distrs. minimum purchases to do business with them.
Prefer to stick with one or two distrs. to make life simpler.

This makes it hard to support your local dealers.

Bottom line is this: you have to work at getting what you want.

1. Shop the distrs on line to see what's in their inventory.

2. When you find what you're looking for, see if they ship to your local shop.

3. If not, find which of the distrs's local retailers is closest to you, have it shipped there.

4. Go check out the gun, and buy it if you like it.

5. Or use Gunbroker, Budsgunshop.com, Gunsamerica, etc. And find a local store that will receive it and do the transaction and paperwork for you (if required in your state).

CraigC

Hawkeye
Guys, Lipsey's is the sole distributor for the Bisley .44Spl so if they don't have any in stock, what else can a gun shop tell you?