Toklat/Alaskan

Help Support Ruger Forum:

whichwatch

Blackhawk
I swear I've seen Toklats pictured on the internet with the word "Alaskan" on the side. Mine does not have this designation. Are/were the Toklats ever considered to be "Alakans"?

Mine doesn't say Alaskan either, in fact, I've never seen one that says Alaskan.

They may have been referred to as Alaskan in certain publications, but not aware of any official designation.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Mine doesn't say Alaskan either, in fact, I've never seen one that says Alaskan.

They may have been referred to as Alaskan in certain publications, but not aware of any official designation.

I found a picture of a Toklat with "Alaskan" printed under the Super Redhawk printing. Sorry, I don't know how to post photos on this forum, I can send it to anyone who would be willing to put it up on here.

Interesting.

If a feller does internet searches for the Ruger Toklat, a good bunch of hits will will say "Alaskan Toklat".

I think of it as an Alaskan variant, but I see it nowhere with both Alaskan and Toklat engraved or etched on the same gun.

WAYNO.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
WAYNO said:
Interesting.

If a feller does internet searches for the Ruger Toklat, a good bunch of hits will will say "Alaskan Toklat".

I think of it as an Alaskan variant, but I see it nowhere with both Alaskan and Toklat engraved or etched on the same gun.

WAYNO.

I agree, the Toklat says "Toklat" on one side and Ruger Super Redhawk on the other, I have a picture of what is obviously a Tolkat that has the word "Alaskan" printed underneath Ruger Super Redhawk.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
WAYNO said:
Here's an auction on one, with Alaskan engraved beneath Super Redhawk...

http://gunauction.com/buy/12976084/revolvers-for-sale/ruger-super-redhawk-toklat-454-casull-5in-new-in-box

Yup, that's the same picture I found on google images.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I've seen pictures of exactly 2 Toklat "Alaskans" - no scallops and "Alaskan" burned in the side. What I have heard: These were the first production run, then the distributors realized a 5.5" barrel might warrant a scope, so they placed the order on standard SRH frames with the integrated mounts.

After this thread, I've now seen a picture of exactly ONE Toklat with Alaskan AND integral mounts. That's a real oddity.

I have 2 Toklats, both do NOT say Alaskan, and both have scallops. One was an early run, one a year later.

Latest posts