Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Bear Paw Jack said:
Can you make it any larger?

You can.

Click on the pic, click on Edit, click on Resize, make it bigger, save it to your computer.

Or, save it to your own Photobucket account and do the same.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Have two those knives, made in Solingen Germany many years ago. They have skinned elk, deer, antelope and a whole bunch of fish, the leather I have had for years also, fun rig to carry in the mountains.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
Yes, the venerable Security Six is a real gem. I bought one new in about 1979.

Here's a pic of it next to its big brother, Chief Redhawk, also in 357.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Beautiful guns guys. Both of you. I have to say I'm a little jealous. The only one I've been able to find up here ( I don't usually buy used guns sight unseen) was a little too steep, and the guy wouldn't deal. I sure do like the Six series revolvers.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have two 6" Security Sixes. One SS and one blue. Both shoot well and are tough as nails. I also have a 357 Red Hawk.
Tough revolver and very accurate . I have killed two deer with it open sighted at 50 yards.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
JStacy said:
I have two 6" Security Sixes. One SS and one blue. Both shoot well and are tough as nails. I also have a 357 Red Hawk.
Tough revolver and very accurate . I have killed two deer with it open sighted at 50 yards.

Those 357 Redhawks are very accurate, indeed. I'm fond of ringing steel plates at 100 yards with mine. I handload and only need a middle of the road 357 load (13.9 grs. H-110 with a 158 grain projectile) to still maintain a nearly flat trajectory at 100 yards with the 7.5" RH.........

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
2mzl46c.jpg

This is a Pic of my Security Six with my GP100 .. The Blackhawk went on a trade for a Marlin JM 45/70 ...

The Security Six is my all time favorite revolver ...

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
Poco Oso said:
Beautiful guns guys. Both of you. I have to say I'm a little jealous. The only one I've been able to find up here ( I don't usually buy used guns sight unseen) was a little too steep, and the guy wouldn't deal. I sure do like the Six series revolvers.

Thanks for the compliment, Poco. I hope you are able to find the Security Six you'd like to buy, and at the right price for you............

I'm like you - I don't like to buy any used firearm sight unseen. I took a chancy exception with the 357 Redhawk. The one you see in my post, above, was purchased from GB about 4 months ago. There were a dozen or so photos on the GB listing, but I'd never before bought anything used that I couldn't touch and feel and assess.

Well, I popped on the 357 Redhawk since they are harder and harder to come by for the right price. I was lucky, to say the least. That revolver feels brand new even though it was born in Oct. 1984. Extremely tight lock-up, very crisp in cylinder close and smooth operation - better than any other revolver I have. Shoots better than me. None which I could assess before receiving the revolver. I still can't hardly believe it, to tell the truth.

So, for this one, I guess I was just plain lucky............and grateful............

bayou