How many TALO guns in an order???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

7LBRONCO

Bearcat
Just curious. I bought one of the TALO birdshead .44 mag pistols. SN ends in 304.

hittman

Staff member
And then Talo can wait months or years and order more.
After that Ruger can change the color of the grips or front site and produce thousands more.
Then later there may be a "clean up" of stuff and a few hundred more hit the market .........

The production numbers of today are subject to change.

7LBRONCO

Bearcat
I guess, the real question is; How many does TALO have to commit to buying, before Ruger will set up and produce them??

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Just because your last 3 digits are a "low" number,,, does not necessarily make it a low production firearm. UNLESS,,, it has it's own special prefix & not mixed in with another model. A good example was a friend was showing me his "2 digit guns" once. 82-00011 & 82-00012. He THOUGHT they were rare,,, until I pointed out the fact they were just the earliest ones with the 82 prefix.
So, depending upon the model & how it's full serial number is,,, they may be low or not. Share more & we can help more!

7LBRONCO

Bearcat
The prefix on mine is 59. This is my first TALO gun, and I am curious as to procedure of TALO deciding on a configuration, and getting Ruger to produce it for them. 30 something years ago, I bought a Lew Horton 624 3" barrel, birdshead grip rig for 350 bucks. Wish I still had that puppy.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
FWIW, Talo pre-pays some orders and they also buy mis-runs or factory "oops" lots. They call them all "distributor exclusives" once they get sold to any distributors, not just TALO, so there ya go...

years ago, the factroy usually made up runs ( lots) in the 1500 range for it to be a break even or even to bother to 'set up/tool/ good points above by hittman and contender.......
Lew Hortons are much easier to locate, find out "runs" ,TALO is actually of "group" of distributors, sooooooooo............. 8) :roll: :wink: