Ruger 50th Anniversary .357 Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ken1911

Bearcat
I traded for a Ruger 50th Anniversary stainless 4.62" .357 Flattop with a 9mm cylinder and Im wondering when it was made and if they only made them for one year. Thanks in advance.

chet15

Hawkeye
ken1911 said:
I traded for a Ruger 50th Anniversary stainless 4.62" .357 Flattop with a 9mm cylinder and Im wondering when it was made and if they only made them for one year. Thanks in advance.

As mentioned by Mr. Workman, something is amiss in your description. Ruger's 50th Anniversary .357 flattops were blue and only in .357 Magnum. They were actually manufactured for at least two years since Ruger offered matching serial numbers of the .357 and .44 "50th Anniversary" gun (this last gun came out in 2006).
Stainless .357/9mm "flattops" have been produced for Ruger distributor Lipsey's since last July or so and are still in production.
Chet15

ken1911

Bearcat
I was mistaken, it's not the 50th Anniversary Flattop. It's a Lipsey's exclusive .357/9mm Flattop. Where I made my mistake is when I went to buy grips for it the only grips that would fit were for the 50th Anniversary model or the New Vaquero model since it has the XR-3 grip frame. My thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't know how to post a pic in here yet so here is link to the Ruger in question. http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKNVB-34X

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
A truly wonderful gun, so glad Lipsey's (Jason) got it done. I love my example and after shrinking (dramatically) my herd last year I'm glad to say it made the cut.