Single six 9 1/2" stainless "star" marked

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine wants to buy a 9 1/2" single six. I have three, but only one stainless. (The others are a new model 69 prefix gun and an arrow marked 261 prefix gun.) My friend greatly prefers stainless, and I am willing to sell it to him, but I am unsure what a NIB 9 1/2" star marked stainless single six is worth - I know they are rare.

What would the value of such a gun be, in today's market? What would the other two (also NIB) be worth?
I don't see many 9 1/2" single sixes selling in the classifieds.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Watchman said:
Thanks Terry. I figured they would be close to that. :)

I'll bet my buddy passes. He wants a shooter, not a safe queen.
We shall see.
You let us know if he passes on them I know some people here that won't. :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
I'll make a bet the SSR9 is quite a bit rarer!!
Everybody oohs and aahs over the stainless 9-1/2" because it looks "different", but its not easy to spot an arrow model SSR9 and most have probably had the heck shot out of them by now. I can probably count the number of NIB unfired SSR9's that I know of on one hand. There are a lot of NIB unfired KS9's out there, but they are still worth the $ noted above.
Chet15

street

Hunter
Ruger45 said:
Just for fun what's the sr# on that star gun and what box is it in?
The stainless 9 1/2 in. bl. guns came in a one piece off white box with the proper sticker on the end.

Well guys, I hate to disappoint, but my friend bought it for 700 bucks without batting an eye.

As it turns out, while it is new and unfired in (A) box, the box was not original to the gun.
It had been so long since I had it out, that I had forgotten what the box looked like.

Thanks again for your comments and interest. It is much appreciated. 8)

street

Hunter
T.A. WORKMAN said:
These are my N.I.B. S9 and KS9, boxed guns, hard to find in this condition IMO.

Thanks Terry for the pictures. I never knew what box the 9 1/2 in. Blue guns came in. I guess they used that box on the convertibles blue guns too? At least till they came out with the one piece yellow and black boxes.

Oh by the way saying they are hard to find is an understatement!!!!! :wink: They are as hard to find as the 10in. Flattop boxes, maybe harder. What a great set of hard to find Rugers!!!!!