Is this normal for the LCR 357?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
It's probably been pretty close to a couple years now so I don't remember exactly. I know the first LCR they were replacing there was some communication. I don't remember if they gave me a time frame or not. I do know it was right @ 6 weeks. Again don't hold me to it but I want to say they sent me a email telling me it finally shipped.
Then the 2nd replacement was when I asked for the SP101 as a replacement instead of another LCR.The way the lady spoke she had received the paperwork was getting it shipped out. I distinctly remember she told me it would ship by Overnight or 2nd day air. After several days or so not hearing anything I contacted her and she said that it takes time to get a gun off the production line. That's when she said I should have it in a couple weeks. I want to say from the time they received the defective gun back it took probably 4 or 5 weeks to get it. I wish I could tell you more or give you a better time frame. I told allot more about it when it was happening over on the other Ruger forum that I very seldom go to anymore.

I've had other Ruger's replaced through the years and I don't ever remember it taking anywhere near as long as it did getting these LCR's replaced. Maybe they are replacing so many of them they can't keep up with them. :roll:

Fmjblack

Bearcat
Ruger has emailed me stating that they will replace the LCR with a new one. Here's hoping the next one is perfect!

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Fmjblack said:
Ruger has emailed me stating that they will replace the LCR with a new one. Here's hoping the next one is perfect!

Good deal,
I'm curious to see how long you end up waiting. I hope you get a good one. My only advice to you is go over that replacement with a fine tooth comb.

Fmjblack

Bearcat
My replacement LCR is due for delivery on Tuesday. Ruger has been great through the whole process!

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Fmjblack said:
My replacement LCR is due for delivery on Tuesday. Ruger has been great through the whole process!

Wow! I wonder why it took so long to get my 2 replacements. Good deal you can't complain about that. I imagine allot has to do with who you are dealing with and if they are between productions runs. I don't remember the lady's name but I wasn't overly impressed with her. She wasn't going to tell you much and anything you wanted to know you had to almost drag it out of her. She might even be gone by now.

I had a good day today.....I picked up one of the new SR1911's in 9mm . I went in a gun shop on Wed and they just got two of them in. I waited a day or so and decided to take the plunge. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Fmjblack

Bearcat
Ruger Redhawk said:
Fmjblack said:

Wow! I wonder why it took so long to get my 2 replacements. Good deal you can't complain about that. I imagine allot has to do with who you are dealing with and if they are between productions runs. I don't remember the lady's name but I wasn't overly impressed with her. She wasn't going to tell you much and anything you wanted to know you had to almost drag it out of her. She might even be gone by now.

I had a good day today.....I picked up one of the new SR1911's in 9mm . I went in a gun shop on Wed and they just got two of them in. I waited a day or so and decided to take the plunge. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
I wonder if the process was faster in my case because it involved an issue with the frame which they knew there was no way to "fix" so they went ahead and replaced it? Like you say though, it could just be luck of the draw.
Congrats on the 1911! I've had a few 1911s over time and might just end up with an SR1911 one day as well, they appear to be well built examples of the 1911.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
There could have been several reasons why it took so much longer for my replacements.
I hope you get a good one.

Thanks, I was surprised to find a SR1911 in 9mm so quickly. I just happened to walk in a well stocked gun shop last week and there it was. It's a beautiful gun just like the other Ruger 1911's. I now have the Full size , the CMD , the L.W. CMD and now this 9mm.

Fmjblack

Bearcat
My new LCR 357 looks much better than the last one and is flush fitting with the top of the frame. I finally got around to taking it to the range today and it performed flawlessly. .38 special 158 grain +P was pretty soft shooting in the LCR 357 compared to the same round in the lighter LCR 38. I tried some Corbon 110 grain 357 mag and Remington 125 grain HTP and as expected the recoil was stout but manageable. I tried both the original Hogue grip and the boot grip and surprisingly it was actually more comfortable to shoot with the boot grip.

usmc6433-6437

Bearcat
Fmjblack said:
My new LCR 357 looks much better than the last one and is flush fitting with the top of the frame. I finally got around to taking it to the range today and it performed flawlessly. .38 special 158 grain +P was pretty soft shooting in the LCR 357 compared to the same round in the lighter LCR 38. I tried some Corbon 110 grain 357 mag and Remington 125 grain HTP and as expected the recoil was stout but manageable. I tried both the original Hogue grip and the boot grip and surprisingly it was actually more comfortable to shoot with the boot grip.
Good to hear. Looks like they took care of you. :wink:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Fmjblack said:

Good deal. I'm glad this one looks better and you got to shoot it. I liked the way mine shot the short time I had them. I didn't have mine long enough to try different grips. The factory grips felt good enough to me.
Another satisfied Ruger customer.