Ruger Speedsix, 2 3/4" stainless .38sp. Value ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jimmy jr.

Bearcat
Hello All , can anybody give me any info. about how many were made, value in ex. condition, revolver only , no box, papers, ect. -- Ruger Speedsix, stainless, 2 3/4 " chambered in .38 special only, don't think i've seen one in years , if ever around these parts chambered in .38 sp. only. Would be greatful for any help, Thanks Guys :)

Speed Sixes are a very popular revolver right now whether in .38 or .357 especially in stainless steel so they carry a bit of a premium depending on where you live (if trying to sell). If trying to sell, Gunbroker would be best as it reaches all over the US so you would probably get your best price over selling it locally (unless they are very hard to get where you live). I would guess $450 to $550 depending on who was interested (if very scarce in the bidders locale, the price can go higher). For a collector, the value is lessened due to the lack of box and papers.

You might also want to let people know if it is a low back (probably not, but if it is you now have a gold mine), and either the s/n (leave off the last 2 or 3 digits if you want) or when it was made.

On a side note I see you are in NC. A bunch of us Ruger fanatics get together every year (in the fall) at Lake Lure for a get together. Lots of shooting (guns and bull :D ) and generally a great time with great friends and like minded Ruger people. Watch the Lounge section for the East Coast Gathering for more info, always glad to meet new Ruger folks.

jimmy jr.

Bearcat
Thanks for your help guys, it was made in 1980, ( 156- ) RoninPA, I will keep an eye out for it, have not been to Lake Lure in years, would love to come.