327 ruger blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wobbly34b

Bearcat
New to the forum.
Does anyone know or have an idea of how many 8 shot Blackhawks where ever manufactured?

Thanks in advance.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Ruger doesn't release production numbers. So, we'd be guessing. But realize that it was a slow seller & dropped. And there are some rarer ones in two-tone too.

wobbly34b

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that Ruger does not release man. nos. I thought that was probably the reason they dropped it. 327 cal. must be a slow mover in all models. I have been able to find only one sp101 in the Kansas City area that I shop and I don't really want an sp101. I'll have to be satisfied with my 357.

z1r

Single-Sixer
At the time they were released, my dealer had several but I passed since I really wanted one on a Single Six frame like the .32 HR's. Now, I wish I'd have snagged one.

k22fan

Blackhawk
Collector appeal based on rarity aside, .327s built on the smaller frame size are a nice replacement.

z1r

Single-Sixer
k22fan said:
Collector appeal based on rarity aside, .327s built on the smaller frame size are a nice replacement.

yeah, I picked up a SS Single Seven and like it as well as a fixed sight .32 H&R.

But, now that they are unobtainable, I want a large frame .327, lol.

May have to build one. A long tapered barrel would be nice.

contender

Ruger Guru
I learned long ago to go ahead & jump on some guns when they were offered & they were not the "normal" variety if I had even the slightest idea I'd want one. As such, I've managed to gather several good guns that are hard to find & expensive when discovered.
I jumped hard on the 327 Blackhawk when it was offered & I love it. Some folks say it's too heavy. Not me. I like the balance & weight. But when they offered the Single-Seven,,, I jumped on one of those as well. It's smaller frame & it using a 7 shot cylinder makes loading & unloading a little tricky due to alignment & space available,,, but still worth it.

Just keep looking around as they pop up from time to time.

sixshot

Buckeye
I've had one of the 8 shot Blackhawks for several years & love it, the weight doesn't bother me a bit, I like a heavy gun. Mine gets used a lot with a Ferminator 135 gr. HP & a heavy dose of H110. I also have a Buckeye 32 mag that's been rechambered to 327 & fitted with a Bisley grip frame, hammer & trigger, its a wonderful sixgun.

Dick

lolbell

Single-Sixer
wobbly34b said:
New to the forum.
Does anyone know or have an idea of how many 8 shot Blackhawks where ever manufactured?

Thanks in advance.

No where near enough :roll: I know for certain there were at least 1 stainless Blackhawk and 1 two tone Blackhawk made. They are in my safe. I think if the manufactures of the guns and ammo would have gotten together, the demand would have been much higher. At times ammo was plentiful but revolvers were near extinct, then at other times revolvers were plentiful but ammo was hard to come by. 327 is a hand loaders caliber for sure. You can plink with a 327 cheaper than with a 22 or you can load hot and use for hunting or social work. I really like mine.