• Prefer Bluing

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • Prefer Stainless

Votes: 41 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slenk

Single-Sixer
I prefer blue but seams like I wind up with stainless. Because I don't find the gun I want in blue.

NikA

Buckeye
I love stainless steel because it is highly corrosion resistant. If I wanted a gun to look blued, I would buy a stainless gun and apply a coating. Likewise, if I bought a blued gun and thought it might be susceptible to corrosion, I would coat it with a corrosion-resistant finish like hard chrome. My only exception to this practice is collectible pieces that have higher value if the finish is not altered.

What can I say? I think corrosion is more or less the bane of all existence. Some day, all matter in the universe will decay into quarks, but it doesn't have to be on my watch.

Rclark

Hunter
Blued. Don't live in an area that I have to worry about acid rain, or salt from the sea or even much humidity.... So 'highly' corrosive resistant isn't a concern. Plus blued looks much better.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
While stainless is more durable and practical, I'm just a walnut and blued steel kinda guy through and through.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I'm neutral between blue and stainless. Whichever is better condition/ better price.

For looks in the abstract, I prefer nickle to either.

I voted stainless, and then re-read the question. I prefer the "looks" of blue, but I prefer the utility of stainless.

Blue and walnut guns are certainly better looking than stainless. And I own a good share of blued guns. But my blued guns don't get nearly the use of my stainless guns. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

jimd441

Blackhawk
I voted stainless and I only have double action. After reading Jimbo's post about stainless for DA and blued for SA I realized that if or I should say, when, I get a SA I will likely choose blued. Honestly, I never thought about it but for such a traditional gun, I would choose blued.

Jim

WAYNO said:
I voted stainless, and then re-read the question. I prefer the "looks" of blue, but I prefer the utility of stainless.

Blue and walnut guns are certainly better looking than stainless. And I own a good share of blued guns. But my blued guns don't get nearly the use of my stainless guns. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

Took the words right out of my mouth..... :D

Dave

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
All my handguns but three are Stainless. I hunt 90% of the time with handguns no matter the weather, & am more confident that the Stainless will not be adversely effected by inclement weather conditions. As for CCW, I tend to perspire quite a bit in summer, & Stainless fends off the effects of the salty perspiration a bit better.

As for any long guns, I much prefer Blued & wood, but they do not go out in inclement weather as do the handguns !!