Blackhawk grip advise

Help Support Ruger Forum:

greystonedog

Bearcat
I have a new to me stainless NM Blackhawk. It has a very long and wide grip frame. Factory grips from my others are too small. Where can I get a set of oversized factory grips as I can easily fit them. Do not like the fancy aftermarket stuff. In the past I would take the gun to shows and find a set that fits, but times have changed. Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Interesting. Blackhawk grip frames are close in size. You have different shapes, (XR3 OM, XR3 NM, XR3-RED,) etc all on Blackhawks, Single Sixes etc. While the shape is a bit different, "long & wide" seems to indicate the rarer "long frame" OM Super grip frame. Putting one of those under a NM is very unlikely due to the modifications necessary.
Can you post pictures?
Place a set of "normal" Blackhawk grips on top of it if you can.
Look at the g/f to see what markings it has. List those.
And, look at the link to the gunblast article on grip frames by Bill Hamm. (I think it's a Sticky" in the collecting section.) It shows the different grip frames.
Lastly, by chance,,, is it a Bisley type grip frame?

greystonedog

Bearcat
The grip is the correct shape, frame just 1/8" long and 1/8" wide in a few spots. I am certain an unfitted set of grips would be all that is needed, just need to find them. thanks

street

Hunter
Take the grips off and tell us what the part number is on the grip frame. AS CONTENDER SAID. "WE NEED PICTURES". Please.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
First we need to tell us enough information for us to know what grip frame you have, in order to tell you where to get grips for it.

Did the gun come w/o grips on it?

If you have grips for it, draw a 3" square and place them inside the square.
Which of the three does your grip fit like in the square?

F-gripsquare3.jpg

street

Hunter
As you take the grips off to put into the 3 inch square, take a second or two and please tell us the part number that is cast into the grip frame!!!