going rate for take off grips?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
what's the going rate for a set of checkered, black plastic (or are the something else?) grips, with the black eagle medallions worth? they're from my new mid frame flat top 44spl. took them off the day after I bought it.

I looked on ebay and shop Ruger but couldn't find anything to compare them too.

thanks!

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
CDNN has these for $20. If you have the insert medallion they might be worth more:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/new-vaq-50an-bh-bk-ckd-w.html

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Who would want them, worst feeling grip I have ever felt. Maybe 20 years from now when somebody is restoring all the mid-frames I'm ripping them off of these days.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have several sets I have taken off of my guns. They have so little value I will end up throwing them in the trash. They are not worth the trouble to package and mail them.

well some of us have been buying them, using them to repair ,replace or fix "others' guns in a pinch, so before you toss them give me a call.........especially the ones with the medallions............

LSCG

Buckeye
needsmostuff said:
Who would want them, worst feeling grip I have ever felt. Maybe 20 years from now when somebody is restoring all the mid-frames I'm ripping them off of these days.

Chuck 100 yd said:
I have several sets I have taken off of my guns. They have so little value I will end up throwing them in the trash. They are not worth the trouble to package and mail them.

my question was "what's the going rate for take off grips?" not "are these worthless trash" so thanks for your opinions but I believe i'll still offer them up for sale. anybody who looks at the classifieds on a regular basis knows there is a small market for factory grips of all kinds.

have a nice day.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
LSCG said:
needsmostuff said:

my question was "what's the going rate for take off grips?" not "are these worthless trash" so thanks for your opinions but I believe i'll still offer them up for sale. anybody who looks at the classifieds on a regular basis knows there is a small market for factory grips of all kinds.

have a nice day.

Well, perhaps a little explanation is necessary as you seem to have taken that as a jab.
No where in my post did I say "worthless trash" but I did express a lack of desirability. While you make grips and swapping them out is a small matter for you, you did state you removed them the minute you got the gun. That tells me your impression of the grips.
I have maybe 5 sets in a box . I have not thrown them away cuz I'm a gun part packrat and someday,,,,,maybe someday?????
But truthfully I think their value is in the screw, the escutcheon and the emblem (if it has one).
I also feel if I put 5 sets in a box for sale with free shipping for 100 bucks it would be unanswered for a long time, if ever.
Could you sell a pair ,sure ,,,, maybe , anything is possible . But my gut feeling is as long as Ruger is making these grips and putting them on new guns there will always be free hand-me -downs for anybody looking for a pair.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
No medallions in any of my cheesegrater grips ,and yes, I only keep them for the screw set that is to short to use on the grips I make.
If I sold them for what they are worth the postage would exceed their worth.