Interestin' note re: .45 Colt/.45 ACP Blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I was on another forum and discussing my .45 Xtra Short cartridges. One correspondent told me he could not chamber the Xtra Short in his .45 ACP cylinder. His problem came about in that the ratchet interfered with chambering a rimmed cartridge, and only a .45 ACP round would chamber.

I checked my own two ACP cylinders and found I had .005" clearance between the rim and the ratchet. Then he told me his was a Three Screw Convertible, while mine are both New Model Blackhawks. One of my cylinders was fitted by Ruger as an after market job, not too sure about my second, but both cylinders were stock Rugers.

Just for your information.

Bob Wright

toroflow

Single-Sixer
Interesting Bob. I have both OM and NM convertible 45s, think I will try the .45 Cowboy round in both of the ACP chambers and see what's what.

veeman

Single-Sixer
Might have been me, 45 Special brass will not go into my OM ACP cylinder, hits the ratchet. Work just fine in the NM ACP cylinder. I've mentioned this in a few different threads.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
BINGO...ALL of my OM 45's have recessed chargeholes for the cartridges, both the 45COLT cylinders and the 45ACP cylinders.
OM's do not.
And so it goes...

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
WIL TERRY said:
BINGO...ALL of my OM 45's have recessed chargeholes for the cartridges, both the 45COLT cylinders and the 45ACP cylinders.
OM's do not.
And so it goes...

What you say, Ole Hoss?

Bob Wright

Latest posts