GP 100 1/2 lug

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Half lugs haven't been made in many years.

For me, it'd only be a guess as what percentage of the total is half lug. The more time that passes, the lower that number gets though.

I'll guess 30% half lug and see what others say.

JStacy

Blackhawk
1/2 lug? Are you talking about the 6" light contour barrels? Those were not common . I have only seen 4 and I did gun shows for 5 years with a friend and saw a lot of guns come through. I have one and a friend has a very early production. They are nice guns with a classic profile. The 6" Security Six is also a nice gun with a similar profile.

coach

Hunter
I always thought my full lug 6" was a bit muzzle heavy, but it does help with recoil from hot .357s. I'd gladly trade it for a half lug which I think look better too.

infantryman

Single-Sixer
They do offer half lugs in batches on occasion. In 2013 Davidsons had a new batch of the 4" GP100 in .357 half lug with fixed sites. There is another brand new batch available right now at the florida armory website for $799.00. If a distributor requests a batch in enough quantity Ruger will gladly supply them. Ruger still has the injection molds for all the half lug barrels.
http://www.floridaarmory.com/Ruger-GP100-.357Mag-4inch-Stainless-Half-lug.html

lfpiii

Blackhawk
If you are willing to order 50 at a time, Ruger will make ant barrel, caliber and sight combination. A local security company just got 100 GPs 38spl half lug fixed sights.

infantryman

Single-Sixer
Keen eyes will notice this brand new model 1711 has an ETCHED not roll marked barrel, thus debunking the old spare parts throw together batch theory. Pine Tree Castings keeps ALL the molds available and ready to put in production.