Double action, or another single action?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
needsmostuff said:
Hondo44 said:
. As counterintuitive as it might sound, tweaking (bending) the barrel is a very satisfactory solution.

I have also heard enough whispers about barrel bending to know it is legitimate .

90-Degree Barrel | MythBusters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xfYfgpjtws

ditto1958 said:
Jeepnik said:
I know this is a Ruger forum. But if you are considering a double action, try to find a S&W L frame. It's the size frame that is perfect for the 38/357. I love my 27's but they are really heavier than necessary. My K frame .357's were never really intended for a steady diet of .357's and as such mostly see .38's.

Trust me, I've tried a number of Smith's at the range, and I love their triggers. I would be interested in one if I could find an older one in good condition for a fair price. That could be hard to do.

That's cuz they only go up for sale when one of us old farts dies.

stantheman86

Buckeye
.357 Vaquero all the way:)

If it's purely for range fun, you can't beat a fixed sight single action, if for nothing else than cool factor.

If you can get away from .357 as a requirement I'd go with a .45 ACP-LC convertible 5.5" Vaquero, I have one and it's a blast to shoot .45 ACP through a fixed sight Single Action......and if you want to go "traditional" with .45 LC you can drop the other cylinder in.