ruger blackhawk 45 lc stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Hi-Viz does make a Blackhawk fiber optic. Unfortunately,,, it is often too low for the 45 Colt guns. We had this question not too long ago, and the measurements showed that the 45's were too tall, or the Hi-Viz was too short,,, depending upon how you looked at it.
As noted, one of the easiest "fixes" for aging eyes is to paint the front sight with a color you can see easily. I've used a florescent green to some success. Added to a good pair of glasses that focus on the front sight,,, it is an improvement to my aging eyes.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Good advice, Contender, especially the part about good shooting glasses and paint on the front sight. For me, the trick is getting paint that is absolutely flat and will not reflect light. White out, typewriter correction fluid works well for me, and is easily removed if you want to shoot groups on target paper with blackened sights.

One of the worst offenders for reflecting light is S&W's red insert. Unless you're in a shadowed area, it appears as a white light glare. Conversely, white out correction fluid shows as a flat white post, and does extremely well against deer hair here in the hills of KY.

Best Regards, Rod

s4s4u

Hunter
On another board there was a post where a feller installed a small shotgun bead on top of his front sight for use with a peep rear. Seemed to work well for him. I also recall where a guy filed a v notch on top of the sight and epoxied a small piece of brass rod.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have installed Redhawk Gold bead on 2 Old Armys and my Security Six. I mill the front site to fit. V-notch rear slips in place. Thinking about doing that to a Blackhawk .45