Large frame XR00301 at Midway?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Not sure about the grip frame at Midway,,, but if they are selling one,,, it'll be a New Model type. An OM 44 Ft will have a different trigger return spring system. You CAN use a NM grip frame if you make an adapter to use the OM trigger return spring & plunger. Do a search here if you need to see what the adapter looks like. It's not hard to do,,, as I've done several.

ryanc.ross

Blackhawk
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of all that already. Just wondering if it's the right size. Width at the bottom front and rear of the frame. Naturally, I would rather file the gf than touch the frame. Midway does not have a size answer. I will call brownells today to check

R

G2

Hunter
That particular GF is a New Model XR3-RED as it pertains to the grips, so a YES does answer your first question.

As for Large Frame, Small Frame, when it comes to this ALL grip frames fit Ruger Cylinder Frames from Single Six to Super Blackhawk.....

....Now with that said, The Newer New Model Cylinder frames got a little taller in the rear, so a older grip frame will end up a little short on a Newer NM. (Simple short answer)

Steel, Old Model, skinny trigger hole, XR3-RED grip frame size, NOS so it has enough material to fit it perfect to your Gun & Grips.
This will bolt/screw right up to your cylinder frame with minimal fitting if any required.
It will need the sides, ears, & grips fitted, they were cast slightly larger to allow enough material to get a perfect fit. Then it will need to be blued.
FWIW; I liked to rust blue w/ the laurel mountain brown/blue solution. Turns out real nice and holds up very well.

imagejpg6.jpg

imagejpg1-3.jpg

imagejpg2-1.jpg

$115 shipped