Blackhawk 30 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brkdnc

Bearcat
Just picked up a second year of production "Old" model Blackhawk 30 carbine with a VERY early serial number 50-0000X

Does anybody happen to know how many were produced in the first year? The only reference on the Ruger site is a starting serial number but not an ending one for the first year. The second year production was when they started the Prefix serials. Just curious what mine is for total production number. Hoping they only made like 10 the first year but I couldn't be that lucky :roll:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
The Old Model Blackhawk in 30 Carbine started at serial number 1 & went to 13005 all in 1968. In 1969, due to the GCA act of 1968, it changed to a prefix number, with 50-00001 up to 50-05979 for 1969.
So there were 13005 guns built before the prefix. Sounds like you got one of the very first prefix guns there.

Brkdnc

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. It is a good friend of mine who gave me the revolver and he bought it new, he's a gunsmith so he of course had to tinker with it. Has a Super Blackhawk grip frame on it because he didn't like the Aluminum and wanted steel. Still have the original parts and box for it but it's a shooter and having a serial number that reads the same forwards and backwards is pretty cool

Brkdnc

Bearcat
UPDATE

This has been stolen from me if found please report it to law enforcement

If you say its been "stolen" then you should let us know what the serial number actually is, hate to call the cops on one of the "other" eight single digit 'prefix' guns out there.... 8) :roll: