which is better deal??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have chance to get a owb holster for my lcr for a good price, i have a choice of two and both are in like new shape. one is an allen cortez nylon holster size 0, the other is a galco wraith leather belt holster made for the lcr. which would you get and why? i am planning to get it today, thanks for any help.

CCW

Bearcat
Although I use a nylon holster to carry a Colt .380, people say that you should not use them because of possible snags, hangups when trying to draw the weapon.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
I would go for the leather holster made for your LCR . Better fit and those nylon holsters will collect and hold dirt, grit. And the best reason is leather just looks better.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
leather hands down. I have a few nylon holsters for storing pistols in the safe and for transportation to and from the range but that is all they are good for.

schloss

Single-Sixer
I'd grab the Galco over the Allen. Mostly because I hate nylon holsters. However, I do like kydex. I've run leather pancakes for quite some time on my guns, and really like them.

k22fan

Blackhawk
Galco is an expensive brand of leather holsters that are molded to specific pistols and will stay open when they are empty. That facilitates reholstering. Their biggest fault is that most Galco holters are not lined and the same money will buy a lined holster of the same quality from Bianchi or Safariland. The liner saves wear on blued guns but is not so important with stainless pistols. Allen is best known for inexpensive nylon holsters that loosely fit a variety of similar size pistols. Most nylon holsters flatten when empty requiring more attention to getting the barrel started back in. If you can get either for the same price there is no contest.