Picked up the Schofield .45 today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Brought along my bore light and feeler gauge to check it out good after my previous Ruger Alaskan issues!
Ruger needs to take lessons from Uberti on first run Quality off of this one as it is right on with .004-.005 cylinder gap and no end play movement at all on cylinder plus when hammer is pulled back the cylinder is locked up tight without any kind of rotational movement it is like that when hammer is down also.
Fit finish and bluing is right on the money.
Very pleased with the Schofield and now I need a break in this endless rain to get some range time with it!

Well I'll be the first to say, WOW! How nice. I just watched the movie 3:10 To Yuma, one of the bad guys had a Schofield. If it's possible will you post some more pictures of it open and how the mechanism works? Does it eject all the empties at once?

Mus408

Hunter
You don't see these very often and while checking out Buds Gun Shop online I found they had some in stock...had to grab one. The 5.5 inch would be a nice one too!
Yes..when you break it open the empties go flying.

Mus408

Hunter
The speed unloader function...practice practice! :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/larry.strum.3/videos/10204473269270922/?l=8209451000060229511

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I found a blue 45 Colt and recently found a nickel 45 Colt for less than the blue version
SCB_zpsd7xczfqk.jpg

Mus408

Hunter
Thought I would have to find a Schofield type holster but maybe I lucked out as my old holster I had
made for my SBH Hunter .44 Mag seems to fit the gun well enough! It has the needed clearance for the latch button.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Great looking revolver there. What kind of accuracy are you getting? I assume it will accept standard velocity .45 Colt loads, not just the cowboy shooting game variety? Rod

Mus408

Hunter
Rodfac said:
Great looking revolver there. What kind of accuracy are you getting? I assume it will accept standard velocity .45 Colt loads, not just the cowboy shooting game variety? Rod

Due to the never ending rain around here in Central Va. haven't gotten it out to shoot yet. I try to get out on the weekend. It should be fine with standard .45 Colt loads which I load 250 gr. lead over 8.0 gr. of Unique.
I will post a video when I get it out....one sunny dry day!

I have many revolvers in 45 Colt. I must say that my favorite is the Uberti Schofield with a 5" barrel. The chamber throats were perfect. The trigger is perfect. The barrel chamber gap is right on the money. It is a very good shooter. The only problem I've had is the cheesy hammer block safety. It becomes worn and turns into a hammer block. After ordering new ones from Taylor's, I just took the cheesy thing out and threw it away. I use it as it was designed in 1875. Load five chambers leaving the one under the hammer empty. The bluing is impeccable, it is comfortable to shoot. I shoot 250 gr Speer LSWC with 9.0 gr of Unique. It is much more comfortable than my S&W 25-5 with 8-38" bbl. It is absolutely worth the money. It is a crowd pleaser!