Why did Ruger stop making the Vaqero in 7.5 inch?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
The ONLY reason I've seen for STURM RUGER&COMPANY to ever stop production and sales of a particular model was it's lack of sales and profitability. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS !!
And so it goes...

edlmann

Blackhawk
WIL TERRY said:
The ONLY reason I've seen for STURM RUGER&COMPANY to ever stop production and sales of a particular model was it's lack of sales and profitability. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS !!
They sell less than 1000 .30 Carbine NMBH pistols a year - must have a couple of container-loads already put together.

edlmann said:
WIL TERRY said:
They sell less than 1000 .30 Carbine NMBH pistols a year - must have a couple of container-loads already put together.

I think you may be 100% correct as I cannot fathom any other reason that this gun is still in the catalog, certainly not because ammo is reasonably priced!

edlmann

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
edlmann said:
WIL TERRY said:
I think you may be 100% correct as I cannot fathom any other reason that this gun is still in the catalog, certainly not because ammo is reasonably priced!
Found this footnote on Ruger's web site:
* .30 Carbine Blackhawk serial numbers rollmarked with .357 cal. Blackhawk revolvers beginning in 2013.
If you check Ruger's published serial number list, it looks like for the last 20 years you can tell, Ruger shipped 8,833 revolvers, or an average of ≈ 441 per year.

Beats me.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Why is something discontinued? Smart manufacturing means you discontinue the items with low demand so those resources can be used for high demand items.

TX Nimrod

Bearcat
I think that Sturm Ruger did it just because it wants to pi$$ off consumers!

Of course not. Just because a small number of consumers want a certain configuration does not mean it matters to SR. This is the role of "distributor specials", not SR.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ruger makes the .30 Carbine Blackhawk because they have 100% of the marketshare of an SA in that caliber. Why not continue it if the only difference is a cylinder and a barrel tube? And they keep selling.
Ruger suspended production of the .30 and the .41 in the '80's. Wrote a letter to Sanetti back then to ask why, especially when they had a lock on sales for the .30 (and that they ought to continue the .41 as well...for the same reason). I don't know if my letter got them to thinking about that or not, but not too long after they started making them again.
Chet15