Ruger Redhawk 45acp/45colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lance

Bearcat
Picked up my nib Ruger Redhawk today from my ffl, couldn't believe the movement on the transfer bar and the rattle of the ejector rod, inside of the crane had an unfinished edge with a metal bur as well as inside the crane housing with the same edges, not the whole thing but spots, the inside of the trigger guard felt sharp and the bottom of the hand grips come down lower from then the frame, it's already on its way to Ruger, I have a match champion and had zero complaints, I guess my question is, this is my first time using customer service with Ruger will they take me seriously ? Will the gun I've dreamed about be returned to me?
Thanks Lance
:( feeling blue

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Sorry to hear about your new gun. I would bet that once it gets into the hands of their repair people they will make it more than right and get it back to you right away. Hang in there. :D

Mus408

Hunter
You could have denied accepting it and had your FFL return it and had it replaced with another one and I guess take your chances for a good one. It's getting to be an issue with Ruger now on receiving a gun with some basic quality.
Now I take a bore light,feeler gauges and dummy rounds when I go pick up a new gun!
I have a new Uberti Schofield .45 Colt coming next week and hope it's a good one!

lance

Bearcat
i think so to, giving them the first shot of making this right so i can sing their praises

contender

Ruger Guru
lance,,, Welcome to the Forum!
It's refreshing to see an open mind from a new poster. Often,, we get new folks here who do nothing but complain about their new Ruger. You have noted issues with yours, and are allowing Ruger to make it right before you bash them.
It shows you have a working knowledge of firearms, and the fact that manufacturers can occasionally have issues.
Very gentlemanly!

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
It would also be gentlemanly to take money for a gun that was made right the first time.

lance

Bearcat
:D :D :D
ruger returned my redhawk within 5 business days !! if i were left alone in a room filled with this model i couldnt have chosen a finer example to represent its class :)

thank you RUGER for making my revolver exceed my expectations
regards
lance

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
My experiences with Ruger service has been similar to yours.
That said, I guess I have been either lucky or the norm when it comes to recieving Ruger guns that are just fine and have no outstanding problems.

Tom W

Blackhawk
I got my grubby hands on one today in the LGS. He wanted $899 and I said no. It felt good, altho I was surprised how heavy it was. Then again, I haven't picked up my SRH in over a year or two.

I was surprised. For a NIB revolver it was filthy, looked like it already started flame cutting on the top strap, and had leading, of all things. Methinks it wasn't NIB......

RonSwanson

Bearcat
Tom W:

I was in the process of buying one from a LGS in the Birmingham area until I looked closer at it and found numerous scratched areas on it, as well as some deep muzzle scratches which seemed to get into the rifling. I cancelled the deal immediately. Later found another new one in same store without the issues and it has been an excellent revolver.
Gave nearly $200 less than what they wanted for the one you found, though.

I still don't believe that Ruger let the first one leave the factory in the condition it was in.

Tom W

Blackhawk
The dealer said something about Ruger firing two shots to test the revolver. The shots wouldn't do that. What's the old saying....born at night but not last night.

DPris

Buckeye
From 2 to 13 inches, off a rest, at 25 yards, with multiple loads.
Two different sample guns.
Denis

s4s4u

Hunter
lackluster accuracy with 45 ACP is a concern

You're never gonna get good accuracy with an unsupported bullet and so much distance to the throat. Just not gonna happen.