Sell smiths to buy rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Yes, more than once and would do it again. If the deal is right ..... it's just right.

That being said, there are a couple of Smith's here that (for now) are off limits to a sale or trade.

In recent months, a 60, 36 and 15-2 went elsewhere while raising funds for a Python/Security Six/OM Flattop Blackhawk deal. Those 3 models are as common as they get.

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
I have 7 Rugers but only 1 Smith...Won't sell any of them. Will probably pick up a few more Rugers and one or two Smiths.
All fine guns, just different guns for different purposes.

Diamondtreo

Single-Sixer
I once had to chose between a S&W model 28 and a beat up old Ruger .357 Blackhawk Flattop. I chose the Ruger, but a couple of years later traded it for a Ruger Security Six 2 inch bbl which my wife promptly glommed onto.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I would. Not for any good reason, except that I cut my teeth on Ruger revolvers and like the ergos on them and have had zero probs. Except for my 329 pd, which Ruger doesn't make.

eveled

Hawkeye
Ruger gets all my business, except when they don't make what I want. Mostly my s&W revolvers are J frame or n frame.

I don't like lcrs, sp101's are too big & heavy for five shots. Hard to beat 8 shot n frame .357's, and I bought my 617 before the GP .22 was even a rumor.

Despite all my Smith's, my favorites are all Rugers.

5of7

Hunter
I have sold N frame Smiths in favor of the Redhawk, the N frame is just not big enough for the big thumpers and the Redhawk is.
8)

Snake45

Hawkeye
5of7 said:
I have sold N frame Smiths in favor of the Redhawk, the N frame is just not big enough for the big thumpers and the Redhawk is.
8)
Now there's a good point. :wink:

But personally, I'm happy with .44 Mag level of performance, and I don't run enough full-house loads through my 29 to ever wear it out, so I'd never willingly sell it to buy a Ruger (or anything else, for that matter). :wink:

Srb08

Single-Sixer
I'm not married to any of them.
If the right deal comes along, they're all for sale.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I have traded a Smith for a Three Screw Super Blackhawk. But have sold/traded Smiths for Colt New Frontiers.

Most of the guns I've bought over the years were bought for experience/learning purposes. Having passed through that phase of my life, I'm concentrating on building up my battery of Single Action revolvers.

Bob Wright

bogus bill

Hunter
It just dawned on me. I probably have had maybe 300 guns pass through my hands. I either bought, sold or kept all of them. I have never "traded" a gun or used one in a partial trade. Whats up with that?

contender

Ruger Guru
I got a disease called "seller remorse" a long while back. Now,,, I buy,, I don't sell. Be it S&W's, Rugers, Contenders, or other guns I like.
Now,,, I HAVE bought guns with the sole purpose of re-sale. Models or makes not important. If it's one I want,, I just keep it. If not,,, it sells!