GP100 Shoulder Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Seems that shoulder holsters for revolvers are a rare thing these days. Looking for one to conceal carry a 4" GP100.

Found only one model to date - the Galco VHS.

There is sure to be a custom maker out there that offers something better for around the same price.

Anyone know of one ?

DPris

Buckeye
I have the VHS for a GP & a Smith 629.
They work great.

Doesn't Bianchi make their X15 to fit a GP?
Denis

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Thanks for the input Denis. I had an X15 some years ago for a Mod 29. I found that the weave type harness was always adjusting itself (sagging lower). Harness on the Galco is a lot better.

I found some youtube videos on a system being offered by a guy and his wife (Tammy). His selling point is that his holster is thicker and heavier than others on the market. At a time when everyone is going lightweight he is going heavy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXVixyVG-D4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmeZU6kIt10

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
If you want good middle of the road shoulder rigs look to Galco, Desantis and Bianchi.

Your best bet is probably to scour ebay where you can pick up a good used shoulder rig from the above brands at a great discount. Trust me, there are great deals out there to be had.

NikA

Buckeye
I have a shoulder holster from El Paso Saddlery. They are a custom maker but the price is in the same range as the big name makers. Mine is for an auto but as I understand it they will make you one for any common gun. Be prepared to wait: mine took about 6 months from ordering to delivery, about 2 months past the quoted time.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
I use one every once in a while for my 2 1/2" Model 19, It hangs at about a 45 degree angle, butt toward the ground so it can be used under a pullover shirt or jacket and still easily to get to without having to unzip a jacket or pull a shirt up. Bianchi if I remember correctly. Galco also makes a nice one.

rangerbob

Buckeye
The Galco would be an excellent choice. I have one set up for a Sig 226/227 and a quad mag pouch on the off side. Check out the extra wide harness as well since it's a system setup. The Bianchi X15 is also a good choice and has been around since the sixties. Bob! :)

nn

Single-Sixer
Triple K makes a k/L frame one that fits a GP 100

Sportsmansguide Guide has them.

cityslicker

Bearcat
Simply rugged holsters has the chesty puller system that I like. They are also great to deal with. Any of their holster swap out in seconds and they also make a universal piece that works with any holster. Check them out. They are great to deal with.

http://www.simplyrugged.com