SP101 .22, problems/Update gun returned

Help Support Ruger Forum:

glenncal1

Bearcat
Well i decided to buy a SP101 .22 rather than the GP100 because it would make a nice companion piece to my .327 SP101. Bought it yesterday, took it home for a cleaning and took it to the range. Big bummer that the trigger wouldn't reset after firing. You could push it forward to reset it. Double action was really notchy and trigger wouldn't reset after DA firing either. Going back to Ruger, gun was accurate out of the box (beer can accuracy) I didn't bother to sight it in on paper. Will do that when it comes back from Ruger.

Update-gun returned Tuesday. Ruger did some work on the prawl and trigger. Out to range yesterday, all is good both single and double action. Shooting right to point of aim. Another good job by Ruger Customer Service.

It's an extremely simple gun to disassemble and diagnose, that stock return spring could close a car door. Could be as simple as a burr in the trigger return bore which is a five minute fix, if you haven't sent it back yet you may want to check the trigger group and lube it a little.

Mus408

Hunter
Wouldn't this issue show up during the test fire of one round?
Glad they fixed it for you.