357 Maximum price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I'm pretty comfortable with most Ruger prices, but am out of my league on this one. What's a ballpark price range for a 357 Maximum, 10 1/2", excellent with box. Haven't seen it yet, and not 100% I want it, so that remains, but for a nice example what's the general range you would expect to see? The only current one on GB is $975.00 with no bids, but I feel like I've seen them go for more.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
hey klnc,
I have bought several (4)in the last 6 months.

My first one was a mistake by the seller. He had no idea, nor did I, that he had a Maximum. I kept it, shot it, and fell in love. It was very rough and had been cleaned a little too aggressively. It was $550. It should have been around $750.
I have since bought 2 like new in box LNIB. One was listed about 5 minutes with a Buy It Now BIN of $800. I grabbed it like a thief in the night. Great buy!
One was $1,050 and even the box is perfect. Even has the brown paper around the sixgun.
I consider it a good buy on price for a great gun.

So I think condition, condition, condition!
$1000 is the number for excellent shape. The one you are watching is on my watch list as well. If I didn't have the other two, you would have a auction wrestling match on your hands. That looks to be a very nice Maximum.
I like the price, but it only has 6 hours left.
I have purchased several by sending a message thru GB to the seller asking if they would like to talk about selling that revolver (after auction closes). You have to send while the auction is still up. Don't make a written offer or GB gets antsy. Just give the seller your phone number. I would try $900 with the seller picking up the shipping.
If he didn't take it, I would still do the $1000. Be polite when you make any offer.

All that being said, I am a junkie and I freely admit it. I may not be the best judge because I am addicted to these Maximums. Hitting a gong with a sixgun at 100 yards can make anyone's day into a wild dream. That dream makes me think these are coming back and that the 357 Maximum will finally get the appreciation it deserves. OOPs, that may be the pipe dream.

Prescut

KLNC

Single-Sixer
Thanks Prescut--very helpful. Actually, wasn't considering the one on GB, so no wrestling match from me on that one, at least not now. Just pointed it out as the only one I could find for a price check yea or nay.