GP100 Talo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

solocam

Bearcat
Who all has one of these, and your opinions of them? I was in a shop the other day and this thing caught my eye! I have owned a couple GP100s over the years and really liked them, I have never been a fan of fluted cylinders, I personally like the rugged/robust look of the unfluted cylinders. When I spotted this gun I immediately asked to handle it, the guy behind the counter handed it over and to say I was impressed would be an understatement, I had to have one! I have always liked the hogue mono grip fit and feel on the GP100, when I handled this gun I couldn't of asked for a better fit if I had of ordered a custom built grip, it fits that good! I Personally think this is the best looking GP100 I have ever seen, she's a sexy machine, a little on the thick side, she's PERFECT!! I didn't take that particular gun, I live in Idaho and the gun was in Wa state, I didn't want to deal with the transfer bs, I stil have a Wa state CPL but because i am an Idaho resident and have an Idaho drivers license I would have to pay to have it shipped (10-12 miles) then pay the ffl transfer, I did this one time but wasn't gonna hassle with it again so I had my local sport shop order one for me, it will be here tomorrow. I sure hope it looks and feels the same (fit and finish) as the one I handled, I've read a few horror stories and have actually had a few myself. Fingers crossed!

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I agree with every thing you said except for the grips. They are to bulky for my smaller hands so I always change them on the GP's
Here's Mine.

jdavis

Single-Sixer
That is one fine looking revolver! I'm with jstanfield on the grips. I think that the wood grips give it a classic look although the Hogues might be a bit better when shooting.

jdavis said:
That is one fine looking revolver! I'm with jstanfield on the grips. I think that the wood grips give it a classic look although the Hogues might be a bit better when shooting.

I have to agree, I have a Match Champion and the wood grip that came with it will live out it's existence in the box. I have the Monogrip and the Tamer but I haven't decided which one will stay on, the Tamer is more comfortable but I shoot better with the Monogrip...go figure. More range time needed when the snow goes away.

solocam

Bearcat
FedEx delivered my new GP100 yesterday, I opened the box and it was NOT the gun I ordered, it was the standard 6" stainless GP100, the shop owner called the distributor and got everything ironed out, the lady that took the order was new and made a mistake on the last 2 letters (UF, My guess is the UF stands for unfluted?) Instead of shipping this one back the shop owner decided to keep it and sell it under his glass. Mine is shipping out this morning and scheduled to be here Friday

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Too Bad,
Mistakes do happen. Glad it all got worked out for you though. The shop owner will sell the regular GP quick enough.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Too Bad,
Mistakes do happen. Glad it all got worked out for you though. The shop owner will sell the regular GP quick enough.

solocam

Bearcat
I got the gun yesterday, cleaned it really good and headed to the sand pit, I set up about 25 yards, it shot about 4" to the left, I noticed the rear sight blade was toward the left of the housing so I moved it to the right and centered it which put me dead on, I shot 3 cylinder fulls and ended up with a ragged out hole about 3 inches. I am a happy camper! This one is a keeper for sure, fit and finish is really nice, couldn't be happier!

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I don't know why but several of my Ruger revolvers have had the sight adjusted out of center also. I soon as I center them they are dead on.

rattlegun

Bearcat
solocam said:
I got the gun yesterday, cleaned it really good and headed to the sand pit, I set up about 25 yards, it shot about 4" to the left, I noticed the rear sight blade was toward the left of the housing so I moved it to the right and centered it which put me dead on, I shot 3 cylinder fulls and ended up with a ragged out hole about 3 inches. I am a happy camper! This one is a keeper for sure, fit and finish is really nice, couldn't be happier!

If your gun looks like the one in the picture above, that does have a powerhouse look to it and stands out among other GP100s. I'm happy for you! When I bought my "regular/standard" GP100 SS 4.2" in 2013 the rear sight was set to the left and yes my gun is a keeper and shooter.

427mach1

Blackhawk
jstanfield103 said:
I don't know why but several of my Ruger revolvers have had the sight adjusted out of center also. I soon as I center them they are dead on.

Same Ruger employee (Lefty) sighting them in before shipping? :D