Bisley Vaquero Info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

csnider

Single-Sixer
Traded for a Bisley Vaquero this weekend in 44 Magnum with the bright stainless finish. Came in a kraft colored cardboard box with the Ruger logo printed on the lid in black lettering but no other printing or label. There was a small manila envelope that was hand written with the serial number (57-31002), the number RMH# 42777 and the model number, KRBNV-474-44MAG. I checked the serial number, which shows it to have been manufactured in 2000 and the revolver appears to be unfired. The manual was with it as well.

Would be curious as what folks have to say about this model. It has a 4-5/8 inch barrel, wood grips and is really a beautiful revolver. I am in it for $600, so hope I didn't put too much into it. Any comments or opinions on this model in this caliber would be appreciated. This is my first single action so hope I got a good one to start with.

Thanks,
csnider

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
The kraft boxes usually come out of customer service, so this gun may have been returned to service at some point in time, you could give them a call with the serial number, and they may elect to be helpful and tell you if it came in and possibly what they did to it.

I'd say based on your description this has definitely been returned and reworked by customer service, may be why it looks new.

BisleyKid

Bearcat
I have two Bisley vaqueros that I use and I paid $649 for one and the other was a gift. Mine are 38/357. The bisley frame does very well for hard recoiling guns from what I have experienced. I love the bisley frame. It is more of what I am used to. I have shot 45 colt plow handle with practice hunting loads vs my 357 mag bisley with full hunting loads. The 357 felt so much better to shoot. I am not sure how the 44 Mag will feel like.

csnider

Single-Sixer
Thanks for comments! Thinking I am going to start with some 44 Special loads before moving on to 44 magnum.