Excellent Ruger Customer Service Again

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Gator

Bearcat
I recently purchased a new 5" GP 100. First time out with it, shoot a couple rounds and cylinder would bind, did this several times, went home took it apart, cleaned and inspected to the best of my abilities, reassembled and went back out, same issue. Called Ruger CS, talked to Patricia, very pleasant, immediately sent out a shipping label, UPS picked it up the next day. Gun was returned to me in two weeks to the day, invoice said they replaced the firing pin and so far it's working great. The point of all this is that Ruger, as a manufacturer I'm sure doesn't want a firearm out there with issues, but this is the second time I've had an issue with a Ruger firearm, the first time was a used rifle which I made sure they understood, and received the same service, so I just want folks to know this, and say THANK YOU RUGER and please continue with your excellent products and service.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Great report Gator. It's important that people see how well Ruger's service works. There are so many reports of problem guns compared to guns with no problems that it can establish a perception that many of their guns have problems when in fact it's a tiny percentage of production quantities in the millions. But most of all that Ruger doesn't need to claim a warranty to do the right thing by quickly correcting any issues that slip thru inspection.

schloss

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
But most of all that Ruger doesn't need to claim a warranty to do the right thing by quickly correcting any issues that slip thru inspection.

This is what sold me on Ruger early in life. They don't have a real "warranty," but also don't care if you're the first owner, or the 12th. They only care about the quality and safety of their products. Sure, there are some younger telephone "helpers" that give bad information periodically, and some of us want guns with tolerances tighter than the factories allow, but, what can you do then?

I still think they're a great company, and love how they deal with problems, and how fast they are at fixing them (generally speaking, I know there are still horror stories), and replying when the problem can't be fixed. Compare their work to most (or possibly all?) of the other top manufacturers, and Ruger really comes out on top.

I've been wondering lately if their American line has more to do with pride than just a less expensive product. What if everywhere we worked, we approached things with the mentality that we're making American products for Americans, and that they deserve the absolute best in craftsmanship, performance, and service?

I am proud to have Ruger products in my safe, and their approach has inspired me to do better every day when I go to work.