Single Seven reloading

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TionestaDoug

Bearcat
Hi All, just purchased my Single Seven and have shot about 100 rounds through it. I purchased a set of Lee dies #90696 which I thought could be used to reload 327, but now I am not quite sure and in my searching can't seem to get an answer. Does anyone have reloading experience with the Single Seven? And what dies are you using? Can anyone confirm if the 90696 32 SW will work?

p.d.h.

Bearcat
Sorry, I'm using Redding dies and cannot answer the Lee question. The Redding dies I am using are for the 32 H&R Magnum. Brian Pearce had a nice reloading write up for this revolver in Handloader #294, February 2015. I've been using 2400 and Long Shot powders behind a Rim Rock 125 grain cast bullet. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Neat little revolver.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I use RCBS dies for the .327 so will be of little help here.
That said, the RCBS die set came with an expander plug that was too small for cast bullets in the .327 and they were being damaged on seating. A call to RCBS had the proper one on it's way pronto and for free.

It Sounds like you have the wrong die set.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
When you order die sets you must order those for use with lead or jacketed bullets.
The sizers are different, same with crimp seater die. Lee