anybody fired or seen chiappa 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tom W

Blackhawk
Why yes, I have. A guy had one at the range a few months back. He told me to be careful how it's held due to the way it fires. There was little felt recoil ( to me anyway) and it had the lightest and smoothest DA trigger pull that I have ever encountered in an out of the box revolver. But it is so UGLY!!!

gunman42782

Hunter
I shot one of the snubbies. Recoil is not bad. However, that gun has so many parts it is like a Swiss watch.

gunman42782 said:
I shot one of the snubbies. Recoil is not bad. However, that gun has so many parts it is like a Swiss watch.

Ummmm...wow!

Chiappa_Rhino_60DS_065.jpg

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
My brother has one. Takes some getting used to I think... But after a couple of cylinders, you get used to it. Still looks a little funky to me, but he loves it. I myself didn't notice any difference in the recoil power, the recoil just felt different. The cylinder release was my big hang up, just felt unnatural. Double Action on it is very smooth and single action is very crisp with just a touch of take up, and seems to be getting smoother the more it's been fired. It seems a bit heavy for it's size, but carries rather well. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all if you were to get one.

GP100

Buckeye
Yup, I've fired one. It's okay I suppose.. Once you get used to the fact it fires from the bottom instead of the top. Weird design. Not bad per say. Don't get me wrong.. It just feels different the way it fires.. But good luck if you ever have to tear it down to clean it.. Good lord you're in for a treat. Hope you like lots of parts in your gun.. :shock: And the cylinder release felt "awkward" to me.. But that might just be me.

Chiappa Rhino 6 inch, 6 shot, .357...

I liked this gun. Then I found out about the design. They could have manufactured it correctly, with a smoother action, utilizing half, or less, the parts. Colt did it.

..AND...It's UGLY. Strange I liked it when I first saw it and shot it.

My biggest question I guess, would be what does it offer that well proven reliable designs already on the market don't offer yet?

eveled

Hawkeye
For a light weight .357, S&W makes the 327, not much better looking than the Rhino, but 8 shots, much simpler design, and light weight. Cut for moon clips, 21.4 oz.

1445649266_zpskymhffbz.jpg

Wow! I just went to Chiapa's web page, over 30 varants of the Rhino, including 40 cal, & 9mm. Even convertible .357/9mm option.