Did Ruger Ever Make...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Enigma

Hunter
a NM Blackhawk with a brass birdshead grip frame? I want to say no, that this is an aftermarket grip frame. The seller (on another forum) is insinuating that this is a rare factory issue - with no letter from Ruger to verify!

schloss

Single-Sixer
Still possible, though. But I wouldn't believe it without a letter.

I've had a lot of conversations with people selling their Grandfathers' guns, insisting everything was exactly the way he bought it, 50 years ago. Memories aren't always the best record book, unless we're documenting stuff well. If I had a receipt noting it, I'd be more inclined to accept it. Not saying it isn't true, just that it needs to be backed up if the seller is trying to get a premium for it.

Enigma

Hunter
Thanks for verifying my gut feeling. I'm not a Ruger collector (more of an accumulator), but I was 99% certain that he was blowing smoke!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Too many making claims nowadays just to make a few extra bucks on something that's "rare". Can make the claims all they want but without actual proof - factory affirmative - it's just plain old here say. Most cases, when you actually call them on their claim, the phonies are the ones to get the most upset and present the biggest, yet unsupported, argument.

BlkHawk73 said:
Too many making claims nowadays just to make a few extra bucks on something that's "rare". Can make the claims all they want but without actual proof - factory affirmative - it's just plain old here say. Most cases, when you actually call them on their claim, the phonies are the ones to get the most upset and present the biggest, yet unsupported, argument.

And in many of these cases, it's likely because they got "taken" when they bought the thing and are hoping to recover their loss.

;)