Super Redhawk in .41 Magnum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

djw54

Single-Sixer
I was trolling Davidson's this morning and did my usual search on .41 magnum (looking for the rumored Henry Big Boy Steel), and a listing for a Super Redhawk popped up, model 5121. None in stock. :evil:

Has the Super Redhawk ever been chambered before in .41?

hittman

Staff member
Ruger's website shows no model 5121 and that the 41 Mag is a Redhawk.

djw54

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
Ruger's website shows no model 5121 and that the 41 Mag is a Redhawk.

I'm aware of that. That's the whole point of my original post, that Davidson's galleryofguns.com has a listing for a 41 mag SUPER Redhawk, right next to their listing for their exclusive 4" .41 mag Redhawk.

hittman

Staff member
I haven't taken time yet to figure out on their new site how to (or if you even can) search for dealer exclusives. I like 41 Mag but wish they'd stick that caliber on smaller frame guns instead of larger.

djw54

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
I like 41 Mag but wish they'd stick that caliber on smaller frame guns instead of larger.

+100 there. I would imagine that they're doing it to put a model with scope rings into the market. Even though the Redhawk with scope rings is still available in the .44, perhaps the Super required less new tooling/machining (i.e. just the straight barrel stock and cylinder on an already available Super frame vs. the milled scope rail on the Redhawk)? The scoped Redhawk is also a little more nose-heavy, as I recall.

As far as Ruger's new site goes, there is a pull-down menu that includes a selection for Distributor Exclusives. This Super Redhawk is not on there.

CaptBullets

Bearcat
Has the Super Redhawk ever been chambered before in .41?
This is the first instance of the 41 Mag in the SRH to my knowledge.

Davidson's must think there is a market for it, but it seems like too much gun for the 41 Mag to me. I'd be all over a 41 Mag in a GP size platform.

Brian

k22fan

Blackhawk
The original question is does a .41 SRH exist? My guess is no, the words were typed carelessly into the website.

However, since in the same caliber RHs and SRHs use the same cylinders and Ruger is making the .41 cylinders all they'd need to put it together is some round .41 barrels. I'd be tempted by one. They'd likely turn into collector items like the .357 RHs. Besides, I'm aging into a bigger wimp and they wouldn't recoil much.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=5121-RUG&mfg=Ruger&mdl=All&cat=All&type=All&cal=41M&fin=&sit=

There it is, looks like a Davidson's exclusive. Very interesting - I may have to get one, as I have all the other calibers (and some doubles).

lharrell79

Single-Sixer
I'm still thinking this is a typo. The listing shows the 41 SRH at 51 ounces. A regular 44 SRH weighs 53 ounces. The 41 should weigh 2 ounces more. It should show a weight of 55 ounces.

GritsGuy

Bearcat
I'm thinking the SRH will soon be on Davidson's in .41 as an exclusive. The new RH 4.2" was shown for a few weeks before it actually became available. Davidson's usually has the info there for a few weeks before the guns actually arrive. Ruger's website just in the last few days has been updated to show the 4.2" RH.

The Henry rifle is a Lipsey's exclusive - http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=HNH012M41 There are some typos in the Add'l Info field.

Well, I just went to Davidson's and the Henry shows up there, now. Wasn't there yesterday. Guess it is not a Lipsey's exclusive.

djw54

Single-Sixer
Well, I noticed the Henry is on Davidson's site now. There were 8 this morning, 2 now. Wrong time for funds, for me, so I hope they make them for a while. :?

Latest posts