Anyone seen the KIMBER revolver???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nice write-up and video:

http://www.guns.com/2016/01/18/kimber-enters-wheelgun-market-drops-k6s-snub-nose-revolver-8-photos/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=569dfe9704d30150c1a7e85b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

DPris

Buckeye
I was actually more impressed when I saw it in person than I'd expected to be.

Chunky, neither svelte nor light, but felt solid in hand, ergonomics were not bad for a snub, sights were decent for what the gun is, and the trigger was actually quite good.

A short-travel smooth & light DA pull.
I'd be interested in trying one out on live-fire.
Denis

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Yawn.
After I got my Speed Six I never looked back.
Beruisis

Unfortunately, the awesome Speed Six was discontinued years ago and prices on them now eclipse many new guns. Kimber would have to put a hammer on it for me to be interested but I am pleased to see them introducing a modern Detective Special rather than (yaawwwwwwwnnnn...) another 1911.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
They say they have revolutionized conceal carry

Ah, and that would be like their "revolutionized" concept of a carry 1911 that won't work for the first 200-300 rounds? Hype, thy name is Kimber!

YMMV....Rod

HEADKNOCKER

Bearcat
No, my $300 Colt 1991-A1 Compact will have to serve instead..

Now put that Jennings J-22 away FergusonT035 or you might just shoot yourself..

Safety First!!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
No, my $300 Colt 1991-A1 Compact will have to serve instead..

Now put that Jennings J-22 away FergusonT035 or you might just shoot yourself..

Safety First!!

Do it right.. Load up some Federals for slam fire full auto mode!!

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I was expecting a Python revisit. Very disappointed just another high dollar fixed sighted boring SP101 wanna be . Well maybe they'll make a moon clip 10mm version.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Making a revolver in the ever popular 9, .40, and .45 that worked in the SD scenarios (because that's what they're for) that an auto loader may not - at a weeks pay for the working man - would be revolutionary......

GP100

Buckeye
Kimber has their place.. But if I want a real 1911, I would rather have the Colt. Followed by the Ruger SR1911. That's a sweet gun right there. Very impressive the Ruger is. And not a bad price point either.. I had the distinct pleasure to shoot one last summer.. And fell in love with this VERY capable Ruger. It was pretty damn accurate, not a bad trigger, and ejected smooth as glass with no stove pipes at all with any of the mags we ran through it.
All I can say to Ruger is, IMPRESSIVE. Someday, I'll buy one for sure. And be proud to own it.

But if kimber wants to make a gun that essentially rivals a Ruger SP101 or GP100. They will have to try again. Why would I buy a kimber wannabe, when I can go with the pro? When I want one of the toughest built guns on the market today, I can't beat a GP100 for strength and durability. I've seen lesser guns blow to hell with loads that a ruger just burps at and goes, "That all you got wuss?" Try harder pansy..

I might sell every other gun I have in this world.. But you touch my ruger gp100, and there will be trouble.. When I die, that gun gets buried on my hip with me. Guarantee, it'll outlast me..