A little Taurus love

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Pics are plenty dark, I know. Poor camera, poor lighting in my basement shop and even poorer photo skills by me. :lol: I'm a sucker for cheap snubbies.

Taurus 605 with an unusual (to me) 3-inch barrel. It's a 5-shot 357 Magnum. Gun looks unfired with the box and all the paperwork goodies. Couldn't pass it up at the asking price of $165.00!

pisgah

Buckeye
I used to have one, gave it to a friend -- and although I love my friend, I sure miss the Taurus! You got a gem.

I have never had a problem with a Taurus revolver. I've given away all my Taurus guns to friends and family. I've owned a couple of their semi-autos that had issues. For the most part Taurus has fixed them. Given away with full disclosure upon return.

I doubt I could have passed on that either.

I do miss my Raging Bull sometimes. But my dad loves it and I love to see him happy!

I may buy another some day. 5 inch 5 shot 454 stainless.

Darn that gun was accurate!

Hittman, I wouldn't have been able to pass up on that either. I'd say, shoot it and see how well you did. :) if it shoots half way descent, you did good!!! I expect that it will. Worst case it would make a good truck gun, or camping gun.

rjm6120

Single-Sixer
What a price, and nice looking gun! I'm interested in a range report when you shoot it, please. I've always been skittish on picking up any Tauri.

Not a darned thing wrong with a Taurus. I have a "few" S&W snubbies. Yet, my wife is still carrying a model 85. She's carried it for at least twenty years. She could pick from any that I (we) own. But she likes "her" Taurus.

When the lasers came out that mounted to the trigger guard my wife wanted one. The guys at the police range we used back then nicknamed her "Ramboina". But I sure wouldn't want to be the one who tried her, that's for darned sure.

Joe in Fl

Bearcat
I've got a little 2"M85 that belonged to my mother, Its a great little shooter. It IS priceless as it was my mothers EDC.I wouldnt own one of their autos on a bet though.
Joe

hittman

Staff member
I've had a couple of different M85's over the years and both with the 2 inch barrel. Never had a problem with them but they always seemed to get sold or traded when I found a Ruger I liked better.

First thing that attracted me to this one was the 3 inch barrel, second was the price.

It came with the factory issue rubber grips you can get all fingers on and I bought these boot grips from a forum member here.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
That ain't right. Come back in a little while and tell us the cylinder fell out or something.

That's almost as bad as saying you found this in the back of your gun safe and it turns out to be a Colt Python or something. :D

hittman said:
605b_zpsilhnd6e5.jpg

I really like those grips.

tinman

Buckeye
Good catch..........I got nuthin but good things to say about Taurus. My Public Defender just won't quit. The only issue is that I need to keep my "Ruger Only" ammo far away from it....... :shock:

hittman

Staff member
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I really like those grips.

Thank you. I like the looks of them but figure I may want to put that factory rubber on if I shoot much 357 Mag through it!

Went out to my Dad's for thanksgiving. He got a new Taurus as well. 9 shot heavy barrel DA .22LR/Mag convertible. He said it's super accurate. It's pretty heavy. Weighs as much as my 686 I bet. Maybe a little more.

I believe he said it's a Tracker 992. It's a stainless 4 inch with 2 cylenders. It compliments the Raging Bull I gave him, very well. I found that gun more practical than my single six

Hopefully I can find one for myself soon.

hittman

Staff member
DA, that reminds me. This store recently had another Taurus and at first glance I thought it was a 44 Magnum. Had a long (maybe 6 inch?) heavy barrel and a scope. Upon closer inspection it was a 17 caliber! The guy who traded it in claimed it was a real tack driver.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Nice score. I really like my stainless 82 which reminds me alot of my Service Six. It seems Taurus .38's do pretty good compared to their other products.

Latest posts