A little Taurus love

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Been raining since Thursday and only 30 degrees this morning so ...... no range time yet!

Terry T

Buckeye
Picked up a couple of Taurus 45s. :D
2", ported, Stainless in .45 ACP on top. (uses full moon clips).
2", ported, Total Titanium in .45 LC on the bottom. (weighs only 19 oz.! (empty) - does buck a bit! :shock: )
Both are 5 shot and fit a holster that fits a S&W 'K' frame or Ruger Service / Speed Six.

"Bull Dog" :D
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
"Bear Paw Jack",
I do not believe any of the Total Titanium guns are still being offered by Taurus. If you lurk on Gunbroker.com searching under "Taurus Titanium", they show up from time to time. They're not very common in .45 LC. Either that or folks that have them, hang on to them.
The number on the crane is 3765 but I think it's a model 450.
The Taurus web site look up by ser. no. calls it model "2-450021SGC" made in 2000.
A search on Taurus's web site by '450' returns:

http://www.taurususa.com/gun-search.cfm

A search by 'Total Titanium' leads to a listing of many including the .45 LC

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=228&category=Revolver&breadcrumbseries=&search=total titanium

and a model number "450SH2C".

Yes, both are ported.

I think the Total Titanium guns were a short lived attempt to get weight reduction before the polymer revolvers were developed (and accepted by the market). As they say, "a market failure is a collector's dream."
The gossip is that Ruger did the Titanium casting for Taurus.

The Stainless in 45 ACP also seem to be 'scarce'. I like the idea of the quick reload that the full moon clips offer. Model 455SS2.
There is currently one listed on Gunbroker.com:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=527943989

The Stainless weighs a bit more (23.8 oz vis 19.8 oz). The .45 ACP really runs about the same power as the .45 LC in factory or even +P loads. Don't think they recommend +P in the Total Titanium 45 LC. (None of those 'Ruger only' loads! :shock: )
If you'd like to see these in person, I can pack them along to Boise next month. :D
Terry T

The one Taurus we have here:

A ported .45 Long Colt my husband got years ago as a truck gun, camping gun that he would not mind if it got abused a bit in those capacities. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger and shoots to POA with 250/255 grain bullets. No complaints about it from either of us other than it isn't as smooth and refined as a Ruger, Colt or Smith.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I have two Taurus revolvers .. Both fill a special roll .. The Taurus NV 38 spl .. Weighs 9 oz. carrys well in my jacket pocket !!!
And my Taurus Poly Public defender is my carry option while hiking ... With a staggered load .410 Federal 000 buck and Winchester PDX1 45 Colt

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
I have several Taurus revolvers and they are infallible. 454, 44, and a 357. They are not what I reach for when out busting caps but the little five shot 44 is an excellent hide out piece.
Charlie