What is the year 40616X single six revolver was made?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Walz

Bearcat
:D Hello,

I usually can figure out this type of question, however Ruger has no posting of my serial number, it's FUBAR on the Ruger website after 1964+-.

On the cylinder frame it states:
40616X
Ruger .22 cal
Single-Six

The Ruger emblem is off to the right.

I'm looking to find out the year of manufacture. I don't think it's anything special, just a .22 made sometime in the 1960's.

I :D 'm going to "factory" build it starting with the cylinder frame, starting with the bluing shop since the finish is gone, no custom stuff, all authentic Ruger parts.

Thanks for any help I would really appreciate it.

hittman

Staff member
http://ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

Click this link, then on this: "Old Model" Single-Six - Standard Model (manufactured from 1953 to 1973)

Walz

Bearcat
hittman said:
http://ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

Click this link, then on this: "Old Model" Single-Six - Standard Model (manufactured from 1953 to 1973)

That's the problem is the gap missing for my serial number. I'm well aware of the Ruger serial number so it's a dead end unless I get a letter.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
hittman got it right, 1964.
The (RENE) Red Eagle News Exchange is a quarterly publication, but a new subscriber get a "Reference Guide" invaluable when you desire knowledge about Rugers.

Walz

Bearcat
Thanks again for your help.

My armory is full of different manufacturers, I only have eight Ruger firearms, I don't think I need a subscription, besides, I have a lot of books on firearms.

One firearm restoration that is kicking my as* now a days, is a High Standard H-B, pre WWII, made in 1940, small run of 2,000 were made. The sear, sear bar is a real problem. No manual, no diagram, nothing, but a H-B post WWII diagram which is not any real help.

street

Hunter
Back in the late 80s I was at a gun show in North Carolina. I arrived late and was walking around and at that show there must have been 10 or 12 Ruger Mark-Is there. At that time a common Mark-I was selling for around $150.00. As I was walking around I saw one for $155.00 setting on a table and was so surprised to see what it was and so excited that I could hardly speak when I said "I will take that." I couldn't hardly speak loud enough to be heard and the person behind the table thought I ask what will you take for that gun. They said. "I will take $150.00". Well I could hardly get the money out fast enough.

What this gun was, was a T-514 Tapered Ear Automatic. At that time they were selling for $450 to $550 and I was able to get it for $150. You are probably wondering what I am ranting about, but the point I'm making is how many people saw that MarK-I and because they didn't think they needed a SUBSCRIPTION TO THE RED EAGLE NEWS EXCHANCE, and didn't have one, walked right past it. Remember I was late getting there! Also wonder how many Rare Rugers this dealer let slide through his fingers because he didn't have a subscription? That gun paid for my subscription for over 16 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never understood why one will not educate one's self on Rugers at only $25.00 a year.