Ruger Customer Servive Experience

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Frizzman

Bearcat
I have had and now havea good number of Ruger guns starting with a stainless Security Six that I bought in 1977. I have rarely dealt with Ruger CS because I've never had a problem with any of the Rugers I have owned. I still have my 1977 Security Six and it runs as good as the day I got it and the trigger has gotten even better.

I recently acquired a like new GP-100 Wiley Clapp Hawkeye in a trade. The previous owner stated that the original WC grip was missing and had another grip on it...I suspect the OEM grip was sold or its on another gun. The are nice looking. I was disappointed they were not with it but I made the trade and REALLY like this revolver.

I contacted Ruger CS last week to inquire about the possibility of purchasing the WC grip and the cost. I received an email asking that I send a pic of the gun with current grip on it and serial number and my info...I did that and recieved an email a couple days ago from a nice person, Tina, that let me know they will send me a OEM Wiley Clapp grip at NO CHARGE...WOW!..That is amazing and quite generous. I will continue to buy Rugers based on personal experience with them, being American made products and OUTSTANDING customer service.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I had a good experience with them recently as well. I bought a "new old stock" Ruger No. 1 from a forum member here. When I got ready to mount a scope, I discovered there were two different height rings, although both were labeled as #5s. I called Ruger CS and explained my problem. A nice lady, whose name I've forgotten said she would send me another of my choice, no charge, and that I did NOT need to send back the extra non-matching ring. I thought that was great service, and the new ring was here two days after I made the call.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
Ruger CS has been good to me except on my SP101 trigger. They should be ashamed for letting it out the door, as hundreds of people on the net have said.
Glad to hear somebody had a good experience.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Prescut said:
Ruger CS has been good to me except on my SP101 trigger. They should be ashamed for letting it out the door, as hundreds of people on the net have said.
Glad to hear somebody had a good experience.
I don't think anyone has complained about Ruger's customer service. What they have complained about is the need to use it on so many new guns. CS has filled in for QC's failings.